Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2018, 12:03 AM

923 posts, read 664,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
This was your response to a post of mine in which I did not attack you in the slightest.

So you need to look harder in that mirror instead of trying to make witty remarks and failing.
Again who is being disingenuous here.

Also my last two quote of yours were in full. So you starting to look bad here.....
You seem to not be able to comprehend.I clearly said THEN.In response to the previous post.
Like I said"DISINGENUOUS"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2018, 12:08 AM

8,603 posts, read 14,877,226 times
Lived in Dallas and constantly heard about how Dallas was "dry" compared to the rest of the southeast. Heat and humidity combined are soul crushing, and I prefer the rocky vistas of the Olympics and Cascades to the eroded summits of the Appalachians. Give me the PNW even though I'll never voluntarily live in either.

Old 12-08-2018, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usrname View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_5fZP9DRuY
Most of WA is like this, including PNW.
No one can deny the South overall is conservatve but PNW has some of the same issues,Its not just PNW and the South.Its all over the US outside some major cities but the South gets the bad raps as if those things are found nnly there.

I know a guy who moved from the Portland area who I told me he used to do drugs.I assumed Meth. He had been off but I realized recently he may be using again Its a shame as he is married with kids.

They told me he knew quite a few people on drugs in his suburban area of Portland.One of the reasons he moved his family to the Atlanta area.

Old 12-08-2018, 07:19 AM

3,149 posts, read 2,204,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usrname View Post
I was invited to mosque once....in the Deep South.
And I've been subject to Christian preaching in stores...in Western WA, which never happened to me in the Deep South....

In PNW, once you step outside few cities, I guarantee it's more hardcore than Alabama.
I mean when you come to a Wamart parking lot and you see camo RV, some camo cars and camo undies and bedding inside and everything is camo...or go to a "natural foods" store and get preached Jesus...you know you're in rural PNW!
Perhaps this suggests Southerners tend to be more conscious of decorum and don't see the need to "make a statement" quite as much, even if they are personally conservative. West Coast folks may be more outwardly expressive with less concern for how their behavior comes across.

Old 12-08-2018, 08:13 AM

1,972 posts, read 1,278,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Be Proud View Post
You seem to not be able to comprehend.I clearly said THEN.In response to the previous post.
Like I said"DISINGENUOUS"

Only one of us has started to lie once he ran out of arguments, only one of us has has has been contentious early in and resorted to ad hominem attacks in this discussion between us.

Ironically it was the one who championed the south as a region where civility still matters.

Pity you cannot hold yourself to this very standard. I'm done with you and refuse to further go along at this level. You really need a good look in the mirror before calling others disingenuous.

Old 12-08-2018, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
Only one of us has started to lie once he ran out of arguments, only one of us has has has been contentious early in and resorted to ad hominem attacks in this discussion between us.

Ironically it was the one who championed the south as a region where civility still matters.

Pity you cannot hold yourself to this very standard. I'm done with you and refuse to further go along at this level. You really need a good look in the mirror before calling others disingenuous.
LOL
Once again could you please quote what lie I told?Ill wait like ive been waiting for the last quote you tried to pass off.
Pitiful.You cant even admit you were wrong to have misquoted me and now turning it around AGAIN as if what you saying is actually true.

All anyone has to do is go back and read past post of the thread to see who is being disingenuous. Its you all day long and you know it but your pride wont let you.
Nobody no matter what region you are from will remain civil when they have been been uncivilly(if thats the right word) treated.

You can keep going o and on all you want but you get what you give.

Last edited by Be Proud; 12-08-2018 at 10:31 PM..

Old 12-08-2018, 10:16 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,278,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Be Proud View Post
LOL
Pitiful.You cant even admit you were wrong to have misquoted me and now turning it around AGAIN as if what you saying is actually true.

All anyone has to do is go back and read past post of the thread to see who is being disengenuos. Its you all day long and you know it but your pride wont let you.
Nobody no matter what region you are from will remain civil when they have been been uncivilly(if thats the right word) treated.

You can keep going o and on all you want but you get what you give.

Every post I quoted from you was in full. Show me where I did not!

Old 12-09-2018, 02:08 PM

1,982 posts, read 2,087,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Lived in Dallas and constantly heard about how Dallas was "dry" compared to the rest of the southeast. Heat and humidity combined are soul crushing, and I prefer the rocky vistas of the Olympics and Cascades to the eroded summits of the Appalachians. Give me the PNW even though I'll never voluntarily live in either.
Texas is not part of the Southeast. You are so obsessed with hating Texas that you are desperate to, when unprovoked by others, inject it into conversations that have no connection to the state.

@Also, Shooting Stars, for future reference, and I do not mean this maliciously, it is drier, not dryer as in washer and dryer.

Old 12-10-2018, 01:59 PM

58 posts, read 79,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Atlanta is 1,000 feet plus above sea level. The humidity here isn't remotely like the Coastal South, and we get multiple breaks every Summer with cooler air 'wedges' that settle over the southern Appalachians.

It's very comfortable here the majority of the year.
Still, the PNW has little humidity, you can't argue that.

Old 12-10-2018, 02:01 PM

58 posts, read 79,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parhe View Post
I think it is safe to assume that ragnarkar mean't in his or her opinion for his or her preference, while your post is in your opinion for your preference..
There is no comparison between cloudy and severe humidity. One is manageable the other is unbearable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.