Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2018, 04:32 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,966,169 times

Advertisements

"...this means the south and Utah are out of the question due to the religious fanatics."

son, a preacher's daughter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2018, 04:51 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,404,153 times
I have never heard of any religious people in the south trying to ban alcohol and I'm not sure how they would know if a person has been drinking and engaged in 'hedonism'.

There are bars and strip clubs all over the south.

If they did know, what legal power do they have to punish you for it.

Most of the opposition to drinking is based on fact drunk drivers kill a lot of people every year. It has nothing to do with religion or being goody goody.

Old 12-09-2018, 09:12 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,065,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dozener View Post
Something to consider too is that the singles you'll meet in the expensive cities and some of the moderately priced cities will be an entirely different class of singles than the ones you'll meet in the inexpensive cities
If this is a way of thinking please give me the singles in the cheapest cities you can find so I can dispense with the pretentiousness. I'll take down to earth over the veneer of sophistication every time.

Old 12-10-2018, 07:29 AM

3,961 posts, read 4,390,777 times
Not tough to figure out, simply look at where the Millenial population already is or is moving to.

Already covered by this topic here: http://www.city-data.com/forum/city-...opulation.html

Old 12-10-2018, 10:01 AM

30 posts, read 31,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
No assumption at all, the OP stated he had a degree which doesn't usually translate into working as a bartender or waiter unless a History or Philosophy degree graduate for example. I too worked in those positions earlier in life in lieu of college, and while you allude a paycheck to paycheck existence for professionals in that industry...salaries usually exceed what those on the higher education track (Bachelors or Masters) earn.
Any chance someone can have a full time 9 to 5 and work at a bar on the side?

Old 12-10-2018, 10:59 AM

3,298 posts, read 3,891,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
I have never heard of any religious people in the south trying to ban alcohol and I'm not sure how they would know if a person has been drinking and engaged in 'hedonism'.
There are bars and strip clubs all over the south.

If they did know, what legal power do they have to punish you for it.

Most of the opposition to drinking is based on fact drunk drivers kill a lot of people every year. It has nothing to do with religion or being goody goody.

Clear indication the poster is right out of college. Such a skewed view of the US. FYI, Nashville has been labeled the Bachelorette capital of the US for years.

ClemVegas gave some good advice, go south. Oh, and travel more to learn what they didn't teach you in college.

Old 12-10-2018, 01:06 PM

3,961 posts, read 4,390,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bungadow View Post
Any chance someone can have a full time 9 to 5 and work at a bar on the side?
Anything is possible, but I'd think this would be pretty rough to pull off on long term basis based on how late some bars close. Of course you might find some place that only wants a part time bartender during busy weekend hours that meshes perfectly with your 9-5 gig.

Old 12-10-2018, 02:26 PM

2,304 posts, read 1,713,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Cities where 23-30 somethings can party and live up the single life:

Expensive cities, but with tons of bars, clubs, parties and singles to meet--
NYC
Boston
San Fran
LA
DC
Seattle

Moderately priced cities with plenty of hotspots and singles that go out and mingle--
Chicago
Miami
Atlanta
Austin
Nashville
Dallas
Portland
Denver

Best Bang for buck--inexpensive living with great nightlife/bar scene/singles scene--
Kansas City
Phoenix
Las Vegas
Tampa
Cleveland
Detroit
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
Baltimore
This is spot on.

Old 12-10-2018, 11:09 PM

58 posts, read 79,371 times
NYC is probably the best city for 20 year olds looking to have a good time while also starting their career.

Old 12-11-2018, 07:38 AM

6,359 posts, read 8,833,185 times
Chicago is a giant Big Ten bar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.