U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2018, 08:12 PM

30 posts, read 19,004 times

Advertisements

I was thinking that most of the parties and hedonism happen during college years in the US where I was broke as heck and trying to work two jobs while getting my degree, not much time for partying like a frat boy.

Now I was thinking where the 23-30 year old crowd that doesn't want to settle into family life and still has a lot of energy left for partying and going hard with the alcohol goes to in the US.

I want to avoid cities that are loaded with the goody two shoe types that preach family life and try to judge people for drinking and partying, this means the south and Utah are out of the question due to the religious fanatics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2018, 09:53 PM

928 posts, read 393,466 times
NYC, LA, Chicago, New Orleans, Las Vegas and Miami more generally. For certain niches Nashville, Portland, Austin, San Francisco, and San Diego.

Old 12-08-2018, 10:20 PM

2,771 posts, read 1,130,482 times
All Big 10 schools ------> Chicago.

Old 12-09-2018, 01:14 AM

13,560 posts, read 22,014,906 times
SEC Schools —> Atlanta.

Old 12-09-2018, 01:29 AM

21,182 posts, read 30,336,326 times
I would assume if post-college a place where one has to work versus living off a trust fund, which largely eliminates the party scene cities like Miami/Miami Beach and Las Vegas. Eliminating the South due to "religious fanatics" is a bit much given the job growth and nightlife options in cities like Atlanta, Austin, Nashville and Dallas. As pointed out already other cities like NYC, Boston, DC, Chicago, Denver, Seattle and LA will work as well if not in need of 2am bottle service establishments more than a Saturday night...and if that's insufficient it might be time to reassess lifestyle and priorities.

Old 12-09-2018, 05:27 AM

2,881 posts, read 2,003,042 times
You assume individuals in this case are “career oriented” when you describe work....plenty work as bartenders or waiters and are content living paycheck to paycheck in Miami, Vegas, San Diego, LA, NYC, Chicago, and elsewhere....that wasn’t my thing, but it is for some—especially the partiers.....though the best partiers I’ve met in my life were my friends who worked on Wall Street—they worked hard and partied even harder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
I would assume if post-college a place where one has to work versus living off a trust fund, which largely eliminates the party scene cities like Miami/Miami Beach and Las Vegas. Eliminating the South due to "religious fanatics" is a bit much given the job growth and nightlife options in cities like Atlanta, Austin, Nashville and Dallas. As pointed out already other cities like NYC, Boston, DC, Chicago, Denver, Seattle and LA will work as well if not in need of 2am bottle service establishments more than a Saturday night...and if that's insufficient it might be time to reassess lifestyle and priorities.

Old 12-09-2018, 06:08 AM

21,182 posts, read 30,336,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
You assume individuals in this case are “career oriented” when you describe work....plenty work as bartenders or waiters and are content living paycheck to paycheck in Miami, Vegas, San Diego, LA, NYC, Chicago, and elsewhere....that wasn’t my thing, but it is for some—especially the partiers.....though the best partiers I’ve met in my life were my friends who worked on Wall Street—they worked hard and partied even harder.
No assumption at all, the OP stated he had a degree which doesn't usually translate into working as a bartender or waiter unless a History or Philosophy degree graduate for example. I too worked in those positions earlier in life in lieu of college, and while you allude a paycheck to paycheck existence for professionals in that industry...salaries usually exceed what those on the higher education track (Bachelors or Masters) earn.

Old 12-09-2018, 08:48 AM

7,721 posts, read 9,015,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bungadow View Post
I was thinking that most of the parties and hedonism happen during college years in the US where I was broke as heck and trying to work two jobs while getting my degree, not much time for partying like a frat boy.

Now I was thinking where the 23-30 year old crowd that doesn't want to settle into family life and still has a lot of energy left for partying and going hard with the alcohol goes to in the US.

I want to avoid cities that are loaded with the goody two shoe types that preach family life and try to judge people for drinking and partying, this means the south and Utah are out of the question due to the religious fanatics.
Go to a lot of small towns around the country. People like to drink constantly in quite a few of them. If all you want to do is drink you can do it pretty much anywhere.

Old 12-09-2018, 01:36 PM

3,667 posts, read 8,766,938 times
Cities where 23-30 somethings can party and live up the single life:

Expensive cities, but with tons of bars, clubs, parties and singles to meet--
NYC
Boston
San Fran
LA
DC
Seattle

Moderately priced cities with plenty of hotspots and singles that go out and mingle--
Chicago
Miami
Atlanta
Austin
Nashville
Dallas
Portland
Denver

Best Bang for buck--inexpensive living with great nightlife/bar scene/singles scene--
Kansas City
Phoenix
Las Vegas
Tampa
Cleveland
Detroit
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
Baltimore

Old 12-09-2018, 04:29 PM

130 posts, read 93,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Cities where 23-30 somethings can party and live up the single life:

Expensive cities, but with tons of bars, clubs, parties and singles to meet--
NYC
Boston
San Fran
LA
DC
Seattle

Moderately priced cities with plenty of hotspots and singles that go out and mingle--
Chicago
Miami
Atlanta
Austin
Nashville
Dallas
Portland
Denver

Best Bang for buck--inexpensive living with great nightlife/bar scene/singles scene--
Kansas City
Phoenix
Las Vegas
Tampa
Cleveland
Detroit
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
Baltimore
Something to consider too is that the singles you'll meet in the expensive cities and some of the moderately priced cities will be an entirely different class of singles than the ones you'll meet in the inexpensive cities
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.