U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: If it were to ever happen again, what states do you think would join the new CSA?
FlORIDA 27 20.15%
GEORGIA 96 71.64%
ALABAMA 116 86.57%
MISSISSIPPI 116 86.57%
SOUTH CAROLINA 108 80.60%
NORTH CAROLINA 61 45.52%
TENNESSEE 78 58.21%
ARKANSAS 79 58.96%
LOUISIANA 85 63.43%
TEXAS 50 37.31%
OKLAHOMA 38 28.36%
MISSOURI 27 20.15%
KENTUCKY 55 41.04%
WEST VIRGINIA 46 34.33%
VIRGINIA 38 28.36%
MARYLAND 11 8.21%
DELAWARE 7 5.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 10:10 PM

97 posts, read 533,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
I guess that is why -- for all my affection for the South and the Confederacy -- that I don't take lightly, talk about a secessionist movement and what might be...
I thought I would let you know, that I wasn't trying to offend you or anybody else, Tex, and I apologize If I did. I just wanted to know your thoughts If it were to happen. I have heard that the League of the South is really trying hard to make this actually happen. I personally don't think it will, but you just never know. I love my country as much as you do, but If West Virginia were to secede from the U.S., I would definitely support my state. The only state that I think that actually has a chance to secede would be Vermont.

Here is a YouTube video of the League of the South.

YouTube - League of the South = New Confederacy?

Here is one more.

YouTube - 2nd North American Secessionist Convention

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdave01
Personally I think that the US should form into about 6 different countries:
Actually there is a book similar to that called "The 9 Nations of North America"

Quote:
Originally Posted by celgos
If there were ever another civil war
If the Southern States did secede again, there would probably be no war, since there would be no reason to fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by histmaj
If it were to happen, Virginia would probably split, with NoVa being in the north and the rest being with the CSA
I could definitely agree with that. Citizens of NoVa may want to become part of Maryland.

Old 04-06-2008, 10:14 PM

17 posts, read 61,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Punk View Post
If the Southern States did secede again, there would probably be no war, since there would be no reason to fight.
If any war was to ensue it would no doubt be started by the feds. I've been involved with many secessionist groups and fighting with weaponry is not their intent.

Old 04-06-2008, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by celgos View Post
If any war was to ensue it would no doubt be started by the feds. I've been involved with many secessionist groups and fighting with weaponry is not their intent.
I can agree with that. Just curious, were you in Chattanooga for the 2nd secessionist convention?

Old 04-06-2008, 10:25 PM
NCN

14,084 posts, read 12,036,196 times
If there was another war and we got the same states as before, we would win this time because we would have NASA. LOL

Old 04-06-2008, 10:29 PM

Quote:
I can agree with that. Just curious, were you in Chattanooga for the 2nd secessionist convention?
No, just around Pittsburgh going to Ron Paul rallies lol. I met him the other night by the way and got a picture with him, can't get it to the comp though.

I will be moving to Texas in a year or so however. I support the League of the South 100%.

Old 04-06-2008, 10:46 PM

Quote:
No, just around Pittsburgh going to Ron Paul rallies lol. I met him the other night by the way and got a picture with him, can't get it to the comp though.

I will be moving to Texas in a year or so however. I support the League of the South 100%.
Oh, lol. . Are you from Pittsburgh by any chance? If so, that proves that there are people in Northern states that also support the League of the South, which is a good thing.

Old 04-06-2008, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Oh, lol. . Are you from Pittsburgh by any chance? If so, that proves that there are people in Northern states that also support the League of the South, which is a good thing.
Yeah outside of Pittsburgh in Irwin, PA.

As far as fellow northerners, I can attest that PA has a large, enthusiastic Ron Paul backing in comparison to other states. And I am aware that the same is true in New Hampshire, with the Free State Project going on, there is definitely some strong support in areas of the north for liberty and real American values. And anyone who has done at least some studying, which just about every Paul supporter has done, will find that the values and culture of the South are synonymous with individual liberty and personal responsibility. So I would go as far to say that wherever this Libertarian movement ends up, it should be in alignment with the movements of most any Southern secession.

While I consider myself completely Libertarian in every aspect, I know there may be some varying levels of contrast between my beliefs of the government's role in religion and that of the Southern spirit, I find it to be only a minor impediment.

Old 04-07-2008, 06:24 AM
Status: "Semi-retired. working some, taking off some." (set 19 hours ago)

9,801 posts, read 10,964,200 times
Quote:
I thought I would let you know, that I wasn't trying to offend you or anybody else, Tex, and I apologize If I did. I just wanted to know your thoughts If it were to happen. I have heard that the League of the South is really trying hard to make this actually happen. I personally don't think it will, but you just never know. I love my country as much as you do, but If West Virginia were to secede from the U.S., I would definitely support my state. The only state that I think that actually has a chance to secede would be Vermont.
No offence taken at all, my friend. It was an interesting question. I am a proud member of the Sons of Confederate Veterans and yes, as I said, if it were to happen then I would go with my state, my people, and my region in a heartbeat....just as my ancestors did when they had to choose!

Old 04-07-2008, 06:34 AM

3,306 posts, read 6,137,342 times
For one, why do you want the south to secede? There is absolutely no reason to, all it would cause is probably several wars with other countries and the other states and if they did withdraw without war, i doubt any countries would recognize them unless they had a legitimate reason

Old 04-07-2008, 07:52 AM

238 posts, read 554,224 times
Quote:

I'm a big League of the South supporter as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.