U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 02:41 PM

30 posts, read 19,036 times

Advertisements

So it could have just been an issue for me because I went to school in the south. Despite my school have a "party school" reputation, I found that it was actually quite dry and full of the morally self-righteous goody two shoe types. Unless you paid to join a fraternity and be in Greek Life, it was really tough to make friends with people that wanted to drink, party hard and live that "college experience" lifestyle. I actually found that a lot of the people I met on campus felt they were above that, looked down on it and were really attached to being holier than thou. Think it might just be a southern thing or a thing with some southern states though.

I have to ask, where in the US does one make friends that are more inclined to drinking and partying on weekdays or have a lot more adrenaline in them as opposed to the uptight religious types?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2018, 02:49 PM

1,273 posts, read 749,287 times
Well first you'd have to look at larger schools obviously.

Larger universities in larger upstate NY cities could work. Less snobby than the rest of the northeast and the winters here are a lot more miserable so there's never anything else to do except drink during the fall semester.

Same goes for Midwest universities.

Old 12-13-2018, 02:51 PM

11,172 posts, read 22,372,703 times
Oh God, go anywhere in the Midwest. The Big 10 for sure, and then in the ten years after college to throw down in Chicago along with the rest of them.

Old 12-13-2018, 03:02 PM

I am no longer in school, unfortunately I graduated and it was from a big southern school too, one that was well regarded as a party school but just something I noticed.

Anywhere a guy can find like minded fun friends after graduation?

Old 12-13-2018, 03:31 PM

5,293 posts, read 3,508,544 times
Salt Lake City.

Old 12-13-2018, 03:52 PM

23,076 posts, read 35,028,118 times
I wanna now where this strait-laced Southern school was; folks were as wild as bucks at the one I went to.
Frankly, it's what we're known for; one of the main reasons a Southerner goes to college is to learn how to hold their liquor.
Couldn't get into a fraternity, huh? Pity.

Old 12-13-2018, 04:58 PM
_OT

2,144 posts, read 1,520,550 times
What school did you go to? Some of the best party schools in the country are down south. And that’s not even mentioning the HBCU’s...

FSU, Bama, Texas, Tulane, LSU, Clark Atlanta, Tuskegee, etc.

It really depends on the crowd/demographic you hang out with. Never heard about any Kickbacks? Club Parties? Bars?

Old 12-13-2018, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _OT View Post
What school did you go to? Some of the best party schools in the country are down south. And that’s not even mentioning the HBCU’s...

FSU, Bama, Texas, Tulane, LSU, Clark Atlanta, Tuskegee, etc.

It really depends on the crowd/demographic you hang out with. Never heard about any Kickbacks? Club Parties? Bars?
Don't want to give away that much about myself but I did not go to any of the schools you listed, lets put it that way. If you are genuinely curious then I can message you the name of my school.

Lets just say I did not go to school in Florida, unfortunately.

Old 12-13-2018, 09:24 PM

6,564 posts, read 3,662,092 times
Maybe, just maybe, some of the people were there for an education. I actually have noted a diminishing enthusiasm for constant boozing and party life from when I went to school (with Socrates). Not just the college culture but society in general.

Old 12-14-2018, 07:45 AM

23,076 posts, read 35,028,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Maybe, just maybe, some of the people were there for an education. I actually have noted a diminishing enthusiasm for constant boozing and party life from when I went to school (with Socrates). Not just the college culture but society in general.
I see this as well. I first got the sense of this when the frat houses at my college started converting their barrooms to computer rooms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or