U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 06:49 AM

3,955 posts, read 3,489,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Slightly deceiving as I-39 becomes tolled right at the Illinois state line
Those toll booths still sit about 2 miles inside the state of Illinois. Not sure how that's slightly decieving? The state of Wisconsin cannot control what Illinois does on the other side of the border.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2019, 09:03 AM

18,927 posts, read 6,856,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlo View Post
Those toll booths still sit about 2 miles inside the state of Illinois. Not sure how that's slightly decieving? The state of Wisconsin cannot control what Illinois does on the other side of the border.
Point being is that I-39 is in essence a road to nowhere. Going between Rothschild, WI and Normal, IL. So most people who use it in WI outside the Madison area are using it to get to Illinois without having to use two laners

Old 01-17-2019, 10:36 AM

3,955 posts, read 3,489,082 times
Quote:
Point being is that I-39 is in essence a road to nowhere. Going between Rothschild, WI and Normal, IL. So most people who use it in WI outside the Madison area are using it to get to Illinois without having to use two laners
Wisconsin is still a no toll state though. Itís unquestionable.

Old 01-17-2019, 12:31 PM

2,164 posts, read 1,460,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
Point taken, but most toll bridges are collecting tolls for the bridge, not the actual highway.

Well, a lot of those bridges with tolls are part of the highway. just not a very long part of it. but I don't know how that distinction matters anyway -- it's just the existence of tolls that is the topic of discussion, not the road surface or what's under it.

Old 01-17-2019, 10:34 PM

4 posts, read 1,131 times
Quote:
There was GA 400, until the late 90s when it was de-tolled
It was there until the late 2000s, but yeah its gone now. Luckily.

Old 01-22-2019, 07:02 PM

1,658 posts, read 1,860,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Buster View Post
What are all of the major metro areas that have no toll roads at all? Seems like they are almost all in the midwest? By Major, I mean big enough to have major league sports teams. Toll roads include highways, bridges, and tunnels.

I think they are the ones below, but I'm probably missing some:

Minneapolis
Milwaukee
Indianapolis
Cincinnati
Columbus Oh
St. Louis
Kansas City
Nashville
Charlotte
Charlotte just got its first toll road opened recently on the eastern side of the metro. A US 74 bypass of the city of Monroe and other suburbs in Union County.

Old 01-23-2019, 11:34 AM

6,312 posts, read 6,965,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlo View Post
Also Jacksonville doesn't have any tolls.
They are on their way to Jacksonville. Primarily on the outer outer loops (so not really affecting most people who live in the city) and also in the form of express/lexus lanes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or