Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 03:22 PM

6,359 posts, read 8,831,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Plus you could come up to Milwuakee for Summerfest.
I think what works nicely for anyone planning a trip to the southwestern shores of Lake Michigan is that Summerfest and Taste of Chicago usually run at the same exact time or, if not, only days apart.

So taking both in is a great idea.

The nation's first outdoor permanent summer music festival exists between Chicago and Milwaukee. And being that it is in a very suburban Chicago location, far closer to the Windy city.

I'm thinking of the Ravnia Festival inHighland Park in his fabulous wooded open air setting blocks away from Lake Michigan. Summer home of the Chicago symphony., Ravinia gets top notch, high profile talent all summer long.

As has been noted here, Chicago may well be the summer festival capital of the nation. And the Pritzer Pavillion downtown in Millennium Park, offers some parallels to Ravinia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2019, 07:13 AM

307 posts, read 330,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSoup View Post
Here’s a site that compares them both side to side. Like I said earlier, I could care less about either event or it’s music. I’m just going off what I’ve heard from those that do, and I was told EDC is a better event than Ultra. After watching both videos I see why. Ultra doesn’t look like it’s anywhere on the same level as EDC. I’ll be going Coachella again next month, against my wishes, and I’ll make sure to let you know how it went. Sorry if I offended you, your event, or city, but I still stand by my statement that plenty put on a better event.

Opinion: Ultra vs EDC Las Vegas - EDM Daycare | Best EDM Blog | EDM Blog for Music Festivals, Electronic Dance Music, & it's Incredible Culture!

But the thing is that while Ultra is going on there are so many other EDM events going on at the same time around Miami and Miami Beach (such as the Winter Music Conference) that it's a totally different experience. EDC is an event. Ultra and the WMC include more than 500 different events in like 100 different places. You read that right, 500. Just look how many events are in the links I posted below. It's unreal and nothing in the world comes close to the amount of different things that are going on during that week.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_Music_Conference

https://miamimusicweek.com/events

https://wintermusicconference.com/sanctioned-events/

This below actually came out today.

https://www.youredm.com/2019/03/19/s...sic-festivals/

Last edited by pinytr; 03-20-2019 at 08:10 AM..

Old 03-20-2019, 08:21 AM

724 posts, read 560,593 times
^^
When you’re on enough drugs, anything can be life changing. Hell, Fyre Festival was life changing for everyone who went.

But I will say Ultra was fun personally. I haven’t done EDC. Too old now.

Old 03-20-2019, 09:08 AM

3,416 posts, read 2,457,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
^^
When you’re on enough drugs, anything can be life changing. Hell, Fyre Festival was life changing for everyone who went.

But I will say Ultra was fun personally. I haven’t done EDC. Too old now.
Lol, you beat me to it. If an EDM or any music festival for that matter is life changing you might want to consider giving the whole drug thing a rest.

Old 03-20-2019, 04:29 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,353,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSoup View Post
If an EDM or any music festival for that matter is life changing you might want to consider giving the whole drug thing a rest.
Or just do WAY more drugs. Worked for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.