U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2019, 10:20 PM

170 posts, read 158,588 times

Advertisements

I want to move. I live in SW Idaho. I moved here because my sister wanted me to move here (I moved here from Fort Collins, CO). Then she passed away from cancer. I've been here 9 years. I am 60 years old. I am rent a townhouse. I have buried two cats here (at this townhouse), and I don't want to bury anymore. I just can't do it. So I need to get out of here. I currently have two cats, and they are both well over 10. I want to give them one more grand adventure. A new place to explore. But the question is where do I go? All I know is that i want to go East and South. I plan to day-trade the futures market for a living so I can live pretty much anywhere. I will actually have 4 (yes, 4) cats coming with me. 2 of the cats are my own. The other 2 are cats I trapped as kittens, and socialized. They live mainly outside, but they are my cats nonetheless and they're coming. So obviously i will need to have a place set up in advance before I even think about moving. It can't be just your typical apartment. It will need to be a unique place where i can let my cats outside. I think I can find such a place. But the task of picking which town to move to is the hardest part. Places I am considering are Southern Indiana, Southern Missouri, Eastern Texas. Or maybe even some crazy place like Alabama. I am originally from North-Central Illinois, It's not a place I wish to return to, and there is no family left there anymore. I know this is kind of a crazy question, but please trust me, it is legit. All I ask if for you to be nice. I don't need any rude, unhelpful comments. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2019, 08:24 AM

4,852 posts, read 2,978,355 times
Sorry about your sister.

Old 05-23-2019, 08:46 AM

2,097 posts, read 1,523,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edujop View Post
I want to move. I live in SW Idaho. I moved here because my sister wanted me to move here (I moved here from Fort Collins, CO). Then she passed away from cancer. I've been here 9 years. I am 60 years old. I am rent a townhouse. I have buried two cats here (at this townhouse), and I don't want to bury anymore. I just can't do it. So I need to get out of here. I currently have two cats, and they are both well over 10. I want to give them one more grand adventure. A new place to explore. But the question is where do I go? All I know is that i want to go East and South. I plan to day-trade the futures market for a living so I can live pretty much anywhere. I will actually have 4 (yes, 4) cats coming with me. 2 of the cats are my own. The other 2 are cats I trapped as kittens, and socialized. They live mainly outside, but they are my cats nonetheless and they're coming. So obviously i will need to have a place set up in advance before I even think about moving. It can't be just your typical apartment. It will need to be a unique place where i can let my cats outside. I think I can find such a place. But the task of picking which town to move to is the hardest part. Places I am considering are Southern Indiana, Southern Missouri, Eastern Texas. Or maybe even some crazy place like Alabama. I am originally from North-Central Illinois, It's not a place I wish to return to, and there is no family left there anymore. I know this is kind of a crazy question, but please trust me, it is legit. All I ask if for you to be nice. I don't need any rude, unhelpful comments. Thank you.
Do you have a specific area of Southern Indiana you're interested in? I am from the area and would be glad to help

Old 05-23-2019, 12:02 PM

No it all looks good (Southern Indiana). I like the wooded hills. How do I choose a town? All I need is a Walmart. I don't care about anything else. Except of course finding a place that is interesting with perhaps a little wooded ravine nearby where my cats can go and explore. All I can do is look at the map and wonder. Even if I fly to Indianapolis and rented a car and drove around, it would be equally overwhelming. So I just need help narrowing down a town to consider. I do have truck driving experience, so I suppose a town with truck driving opportunities would be best. Being from Illinois, I think Indiana is probably culturally the best choice for me. I would never return to Illinois because of the taxes (and democrats). I am perfectly fine with picking Southern Indiana over Texas, Missouri, Tennessee, etc.

Old 05-23-2019, 12:06 PM

82 posts, read 36,511 times
I'm originally from Indiana and my dad farmed in southern Indiana in Washington County. Salem seemed to me to be a nice small town. Very scenic area. You might explore that area. It's all very scenic and rural.

Old 05-23-2019, 12:32 PM

17,234 posts, read 19,531,226 times
Day-trading futures?

Wow, now thatís what I call living on the wild side.

Old 05-23-2019, 12:41 PM

2,097 posts, read 1,523,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edujop View Post
No it all looks good (Southern Indiana). I like the wooded hills. How do I choose a town? All I need is a Walmart. I don't care about anything else. Except of course finding a place that is interesting with perhaps a little wooded ravine nearby where my cats can go and explore. All I can do is look at the map and wonder. Even if I fly to Indianapolis and rented a car and drove around, it would be equally overwhelming. So I just need help narrowing down a town to consider. I do have truck driving experience, so I suppose a town with truck driving opportunities would be best. Being from Illinois, I think Indiana is probably culturally the best choice for me. I would never return to Illinois because of the taxes (and democrats). I am perfectly fine with picking Southern Indiana over Texas, Missouri, Tennessee, etc.
Harrison County, Indiana would fit the bill, somewhere like Corydon.
You could also look into LaGrange & Shelbyville, Kentucky.

Old 05-24-2019, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veniceman View Post
I'm originally from Indiana and my dad farmed in southern Indiana in Washington County. Salem seemed to me to be a nice small town. Very scenic area. You might explore that area. It's all very scenic and rural.

Thank youi, Veniceman.

Old 05-24-2019, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Day-trading futures?

Wow, now thatís what I call living on the wild side.

It's not as exciting or wild as it sounds. I trade the S&P futures index. But basically all price action is the same. Some instruments more volatile than others, but the price action is the same.

Old 05-24-2019, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnInTheMil View Post
Harrison County, Indiana would fit the bill, somewhere like Corydon.
You could also look into LaGrange & Shelbyville, Kentucky.

Ok maybe I will just head to Harrison County and look for a little place for me and the cats. Really dno't have much motivation to search for the right town since obviously it would take years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or