Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 06:53 PM

12,157 posts, read 7,980,515 times

Advertisements

RI at 47? lol what... Newport, Westerly, Providence and Pawtuck jam pack a crap ton of fun and is one of the most 'fun' states Ive ever been too. LMAO. Wicked Biased.

NJ at 33? Uh... NJ may be a craphole, but it doesnt lack in the fun category. Like. At all. Theres Six Flags GA, Wildwood, Atlantic City, Seaside and tons of malls, including America's largest coming this year. Hoboken also is 10x more 'fun' than NYC to party on. Hoboken is actually my favorite place to have fun, and go to. Everyone I know loves it too... I think this list maker's bias to NJ is showing.

The list is a big joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2019, 10:51 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,593,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
RI at 47? lol what... Newport, Westerly, Providence and Pawtuck jam pack a crap ton of fun and is one of the most 'fun' states Ive ever been too. LMAO. Wicked Biased.

NJ at 33? Uh... NJ may be a craphole, but it doesnt lack in the fun category. Like. At all. Theres Six Flags GA, Wildwood, Atlantic City, Seaside and tons of malls, including America's largest coming this year. Hoboken also is 10x more 'fun' than NYC to party on. Hoboken is actually my favorite place to have fun, and go to. Everyone I know loves it too... I think this list maker's bias to NJ is showing.

The list is a big joke.
Hoboken has better nightlife than NYC???

Old 06-13-2019, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
Hoboken has better nightlife than NYC???
I never said that. Hoboken was more fun. Hoboken is a lot cheaper and the scene was much better for me I think. Again as much as someone might think NYC might have the best of everything (?), its all subjective. Hoboken has the most bars per capita in America, the Italian food is arguably better, and the best NYC slice of Pizza I had was... in Hoboken lmao. Im not from NJ so im not bias, but dont underestimate it because it doesnt appear on a top 10 list.

I just found Hoboken more bar dense than NYC, and since I had more fun in Hoboken Il personally say it was better. Im not running down the newest list of top 10 nightlife cities and basing my figures off of that. Im 23 and will rank them based on what I experience. Im sure NYC might be better for someone in their 30s if you have the money...

Hoboken, Miami Beach, St. Louis, Providence was the most fun... to me atleast. Its all subjective.

But back to the post, Hoboken-JC being very fun places alone should place NJ in the top 25.. atleast. Not even including the Atlantic City, Boardwalks, Six Flags or towns. Bizzare list. Id place NJ at 8-12 atleast.

lil Rhodey id put at about #20 too. Im from a few miles near the border or RI so I may be a little bias...

Old 06-17-2019, 06:07 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,159,880 times
Washington State fun? Sure...welcome to Seattle the home of dark dreary rainy days, uptight triggered liberals and/or people that are either too smug or shy to talk to each other....yippee! Break out the party hats.

Old 06-17-2019, 06:26 PM

760 posts, read 882,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
Washington State fun? Sure...welcome to Seattle the home of dark dreary rainy days, uptight triggered liberals and/or people that are either too smug or shy to talk to each other....yippee! Break out the party hats.
The transplants have really turned things around though.

Old 06-17-2019, 06:39 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,593,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
I never said that. Hoboken was more fun. Hoboken is a lot cheaper and the scene was much better for me I think. Again as much as someone might think NYC might have the best of everything (?), its all subjective. Hoboken has the most bars per capita in America, the Italian food is arguably better, and the best NYC slice of Pizza I had was... in Hoboken lmao. Im not from NJ so im not bias, but dont underestimate it because it doesnt appear on a top 10 list.

I just found Hoboken more bar dense than NYC, and since I had more fun in Hoboken Il personally say it was better. Im not running down the newest list of top 10 nightlife cities and basing my figures off of that. Im 23 and will rank them based on what I experience. Im sure NYC might be better for someone in their 30s if you have the money...

Hoboken, Miami Beach, St. Louis, Providence was the most fun... to me atleast. Its all subjective.

But back to the post, Hoboken-JC being very fun places alone should place NJ in the top 25.. atleast. Not even including the Atlantic City, Boardwalks, Six Flags or towns. Bizzare list. Id place NJ at 8-12 atleast.

lil Rhodey id put at about #20 too. Im from a few miles near the border or RI so I may be a little bias...
What parts or NYC did you hang out in?

Old 06-17-2019, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
What parts or NYC did you hang out in?
East Village, Greenwich Village and occasionally Williamsburg. Midtown was too touristy. I liked the Upper West Side too.. lived in Queens for a year and took the 7 train into Manhattan, then switched to usually the 2 or the Orange or the A/C/(E?) train. When I found out the PATH existed and my friends lived in Hoboken, I found the partying to be better. Also the drinks in Hoboken are like 1/2 the price of East Village lol

Its similar to how Boston has better nightlife scene than Providence, however Providence has given me better times.
Miami is ranked better Orlando in partying... Ive had better experiences in Orlando. Mostly because I didnt spend $150 on a night out in Orlando. It was more like $30. And the company was better whom I was with in Orlando too.

See a pattern? Its all subjective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.