U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-14-2019, 08:30 AM
 
Location: Greenville SC 'Waterfall City'
8,450 posts, read 4,297,688 times
Reputation: 3231

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
1. Im a Texas Longhorn fan.
2. I don’t remember that topic can you link me?
3. Yes I would absolutely think an sec town is among the best college towns. Them or the big ten. The acc is a subpar football conference. Clemson does not have any ranked teams left on schedule. Pathetic.
3b. ^^^ Imagine if I had lived in North Carolina and I said I missed the mountains. Doesn't mean they're the best mountains right?
4. Your comment is not in the spirit of my pos
My point isn't that SEC college towns are not good college football towns.

It is that you claimed to live in Clemson but did not include Clemson as a good football town or give a reason why you left it out. That would stand out to anybody familiar with Clemson. A criticism of Clemson for some people it is too football oriented.

But now you say you miss Clemson because of college football even while bashing Clemson's schedule and saying you are a UT fan. Why would you miss Clemson football if you are a UT fan and think Clemson plays a lot of cupcakes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-14-2019, 08:33 AM
Status: "South Carolina: real home of the confederacy" (set 14 days ago)
 
Location: Seattle
5,094 posts, read 3,142,883 times
Reputation: 3589
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
My point isn't that SEC college towns are not good college football towns.

It is that you claimed to live in Clemson but did not include Clemson as a good football town or give a reason why you left it out.

But now you say you miss Clemson because of college football even while bashing Clemson's schedule and saying you are a UT fan. Why would you miss Clemson football if you are a UT fan.
SEC college towns are the best college towns. They have the most passion as a whole. Yea, Clemson's schedule is embarrassingly bad. And I'm not just a UT fan, I went to school there. So I will never root for another school.

ACC is a pretty pathetic conference right now. The Big Ten and SEC are the best. Biggest stadiums, most fans, most NFL players. Clemson is one school in the ACC. Overall, it's a horrible football conference.


Another analogy: I'm a Seahawks fan, doesn't mean I don't miss Denver on football gameday. I actually don't, but it's certainly reasonable to assume someone would
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2019, 08:34 AM
 
Location: Greenville SC 'Waterfall City'
8,450 posts, read 4,297,688 times
Reputation: 3231
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Just make it easier on all of us and admit that Clemson is the best college town and you miss it worse than anything else in the world.
I have no problem if somebody doesn't like Clemson.

You are not responding to the observation that I made.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2019, 08:36 AM
Status: "South Carolina: real home of the confederacy" (set 14 days ago)
 
Location: Seattle
5,094 posts, read 3,142,883 times
Reputation: 3589
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Just make it easier on all of us and admit that Clemson is the best college town and you miss it worse than anything else in the world.
Yes, and Greenville is very diverse, open and has a waterfall downtown, therefore it's the best city in the entire world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2019, 08:37 AM
 
Location: Greenville SC 'Waterfall City'
8,450 posts, read 4,297,688 times
Reputation: 3231
I've never described Greenville as the 'best city in the entire world'.

I like Greenville and Clemson and that seems to annoy some people on here.

For a guy who claims to have lived in Clemson and visited Greenville often, it is interesting you never had a single post on the Greenville and SC forums.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2019, 08:39 AM
Status: "South Carolina: real home of the confederacy" (set 14 days ago)
 
Location: Seattle
5,094 posts, read 3,142,883 times
Reputation: 3589
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
I've never described Greenville as the 'best city in the entire world'.

I like Greenville and Clemson and that seems to annoy some people on here.

For a guy who claims to have lived in Clemson and visited Greenville often, it is interesting you never had a single post on the Greenville and SC forums.
This is a textbook example of you ruining every thread. Why do we have to talk about Greenville and Clemson so much? And why does it matter what anyone thinks of it? I love it's old south charm and southern pride, but that doesn't mean I have to tell the world.

Since you're following me around, you'll notice I have very few posts in the Denver, Austin, Texas and DC forums as well. Doh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2019, 08:40 AM
 
Location: Greenville SC 'Waterfall City'
8,450 posts, read 4,297,688 times
Reputation: 3231
You brought up Clemson on this topic and asserted it is the place you miss 2nd most. So you did tell the world that you love Clemson if you are being sincere.

I expressed surprise that a person who did not include Clemson as a top football college town ( even when you claimed to be living in Clemson) said that he missed it because of college football. You made my point stronger when you trashed Clemson's schedule and said you are a UT fan.

A few days ago, you implied people in Greenville are racist. Now you are talking about how you miss the nice people. I have strong doubts that you lived in Clemson and Greenville.

Your slogan is now 'South Carolina: The Home of the Confederacy'. There's a reason why you posted that. What could be the reason. You claim to live in Seattle now but you posted that.

You miss the 'Home of the Confederacy'? I don't see it. You can't blame me for thinking you may be insincere.

You have previously asserted SC is not cool because it is a 'Confederate state'.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 09-14-2019 at 09:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2019, 09:35 AM
Status: "South Carolina: real home of the confederacy" (set 14 days ago)
 
Location: Seattle
5,094 posts, read 3,142,883 times
Reputation: 3589
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
You brought up Clemson on this topic and asserted it is the place you miss 2nd most. So you did tell the world that you love Clemson if you are being sincere.

I expressed surprise that a person who did not include Clemson as a top football college town ( even when you claimed to be living in Clemson) said that he missed it because of college football. You made my point stronger when you trashed Clemson's schedule and said you are a UT fan.

A few days ago, you implied people in Greenville are racist. Now you are talking about how you miss the nice people. I have strong doubts that you lived in Clemson and Greenville.

Your slogan is now 'South Carolina: The Home of the Confederacy'. There's a reason why you posted that. What could be the reason. You claim to live in Seattle now but you posted that.

You miss the 'Home of the Confederacy'? I don't see it. You can't blame me for thinking you may be insincere.

You have previously asserted SC is not cool because it is a 'Confederate state'.
That wasnít in order of what I missed the most And yes Iíll acknowledge South Carolina is the confederate capitol, tough competition but South Carolina takes it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2019, 09:50 AM
 
Location: Greenville SC 'Waterfall City'
8,450 posts, read 4,297,688 times
Reputation: 3231
You mentioned DC.

I really like the Great Falls Park up there on the Potomac. Nice place to hang out.

That's probably the thing I miss most about living in Maryland. Gambrill State Park next to Frederick with the two overlooks is great too and I enjoyed the DC Smithsonian zoo with the pandas.

Frederick has an underrated downtown area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2019, 10:00 AM
 
5,759 posts, read 3,042,193 times
Reputation: 10983
Back on topic,

Avoiding specific towns or cities and focusing on the general setting only,

I miss New England’s deciduous trees and mix of seacoast, forests both evergreen and deciduous, broad valley (the CT River one), and steep granitic mountains. And seafood and “Yankee” food such as apple brown betty and roast turkey dinners with all the trimmings served as regular menu items, not just a Thanksgiving special. And great road biking in the countryside.

I miss the Olympic Peninsula’s wild coast, the fog barreling down the Strait of Juan de Fuca on August afternoons, the sound of all pitches of foghorns over the water, and the patter of rain in winter (but not every day, please!).

I miss “off season” hiking, birding, and cycling on the long South Platte and Bear Creek paths of metro Denver. It was a peaceful time without the summer mobs, and on a balmy mid-winter day so many people would smile and say Hi Great Day Isn’t It. Ditto for one of my favorite metro places, Waterton Canyon. I miss the incredible dim sum on Federal Blvd. I miss Tattered Cover, the Landmark movie theaters. I miss moving-water practice (no shuttle required) in Clear Creek WW Park, and longboat kayaking at Aurora Reservoir, where gas motors are prohibited and the birdlife abounded.

The good thing is that the last area is a day’s drive away from home. The other places are much, much farther away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top