U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2019, 09:49 AM

4,686 posts, read 2,843,592 times

Advertisements

The article got something wrong...the tower rose from the bottom of the hole to the final 850' height in 11 months, not two years. That is why it's a game-changer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 12:05 AM

5,944 posts, read 3,966,805 times
[quote=mhays25;56260560]The article got something wrong...the tower rose from the bottom of the hole to the final 850' height in 11 months, not two years. That is why it's a game-changer.[/QUOTE

Interesting, mhays25.

Beyond that, this building is significant as it will stand out as the 2nd tallest by far in Seattle, and because of its location will look like almost equally high to Columbia Center from some viewpoints, notably the Space Needle, and perhaps the southbound I-5 approach to the city.

Old Yesterday, 07:01 PM

It's been at full height for a while now, and certainly does stand out.

Tallest from the Space Needle for example. https://spaceneedle.roundshot.com/

Old Yesterday, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays25 View Post
It's been at full height for a while now, and certainly does stand out.

Tallest from the Space Needle for example. https://spaceneedle.roundshot.com/
Damn! I can't look at the Rainier Tower on the live Needle cam until daylight! EDIT: Oh wait, just found the archive button.
Duh!

Last edited by pnwguy2; Yesterday at 10:55 PM..

Old Yesterday, 10:54 PM

Rookie. I hope you've at least learned to stop the rotation and also move the mouse wheel up to zone in.

Old Yesterday, 11:21 PM

LOL. And I definitely am not "zoned in". Whatever that means. Would like to be "zoomed in", sounds like that might be fun.

Old Yesterday, 11:47 PM

I'm usually ahead of the new lingo.

Old Today, 12:35 AM

Good for you. Sarcasm seems to be something we share. But I do enjoy your posts here.

Old Today, 09:55 AM

126 posts, read 68,817 times
A lot of city propers in Virginia are technically becoming more dense as cities in Virginia are pretty fixed county-equivalent independent cities that rarely if ever annex. In order to grow their populations and tax base, places like Arlington, Alexandria, Richmond, Charlottesville, and Norfolk are focusing on increasing density along transit corridors and in downtowns to attract young professionals, students, and empty nesters. This is even more important for Virginia cities since annexation doesn't really happen here anymore since a moratorium on city annexations in Virginia in 1987 became law. City boundaries by and large have been the same here for decades for most independent cities so increasing density will be the only way Virginia cities can increase their populations and tax revenue. I see the growth in density in places like Roanoke, Richmond, Arlington, Lynchburg, etc as maybe even accelerating over the next 20 years to stay competitive with the sprawling counties that surround the independent cities.

Old Today, 10:20 AM

Likewise pnwguy2!

As for NoVa, it does a good job with dense suburban nodes...a ton of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or