U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2019, 10:30 PM

255 posts, read 183,809 times

Advertisements

I put out where they are. Check if you want but they exist... you will have to look outside of "city of Cleveland" because most are actually not in city limits (though within a 100 square mile area).

I'm not going to look up all the over 100 feet, but it's still easily over 100. But yeah, I'll say, I probably overestimated it being 150 to 200 because went over some and see that some midrises that I thought were in that 9-10, were actually in the 7-8 range (Parma, Strongsville, Rocky River have a ton of those just on the west side).

Really, doesn't matter because high rise doesn't start until 150 and Cleveland compares to any MW/Great Lakes/Rust Belt metro.

And take it up to 200 feet and Cleveland is only behind Chicago, and probably Minneapolis/St. Paul in overall numbers. Though outside 3 miles it can be tough because do you include both 3 miles outside both Minneapolis and St. Paul? If not, Twin Cities may have more. If you include outside 3 miles in both, Cleveland definitely has more than any outside Chicago in the MW, including its legacy Detroit and St. Louis peers.

Again, alot of this goes back to connectivity in a way. Cleveland (and Detroit is like this) may seem more spread out because it has urban neighborhoods that are dotted throughout the city/metro. Same for high rises. They aren't confined to a small portion (say like metro Milwaukee which is right up there overall 200 foot high rises).

People can say that's a detriment and I'll listen/agree in a way. But the plus that Cleveland has going is that it has so many ready made amenities that it isn't confined to a small pocket.

Do you rebuild out from a very tight core and hope it goes out? Or do you start with what is simply a tight core and hope to connect the outlying dots and rebuild from which is already there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or