U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 10:07 AM

982 posts, read 370,215 times

Advertisements

The largest amount of office space in the Triangle by sub markets (excluding Downtown Raleigh and Durham):

1. Research Triangle Park / I-40 corridor
2. Cary
3. West Raleigh
4. Glenwood Ave / US 70
5. Six Forks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 12:40 PM

1,476 posts, read 1,756,150 times
According to the most recent quarterly report from Colliers for Albuquerque, they are:

North I-25 - 3,639,141 sq ft leasable space, 40,000 employees
Uptown - 1,808,891 sq ft leasable space, 19,000 employees
Airport - 1,032,013 sq ft leasable space, 17,000 employees

Those are the major, defined activity and jobs centers outside of Downtown Albuquerque that aren't simply large sections of the city in the Colliers report. The jobs numbers are from local media or real estate listing websites.

After those three the next would be Sandia National Labs and the adjacent Sandia Science & Technology Park with about 16,000 employees total. I don't know exactly how much office space is taken up by Sandia National Labs or the SS&T, but I'm sure it's probably around 2 million square feet. A 333,000 sq ft office building is currently under construction in this area for the National Nuclear Security Administration's Albuquerque Complex offices. It will house 1,200 employees.

The UNM area is the next largest employment center with at least 4,000 UNM staffers and the areas opposite the university featuring things like restaurants, shops and other small businesses and several office buildings. The UNM area also includes UNM Hospital which also has thousands of employees.

North I-25 is the suburban alternative to Downtown Albuquerque with tons of office and industrial parks. It currently has the most leasable office space in Albuquerque. However, with all the government buildings, which account for more than 1 million sq ft, Downtown Albuquerque still has by far the most office space in the city. In fact, a 282,000 sq ft building was recently removed from the leasable downtown office inventory to become the new home of our county government with 900 employees set to be housed in the building. North I-25 also covers three times the land area, so Downtown Albuquerque is still the most concentrated and densest jobs center in the metro.

Downtown Albuquerque - 3,243,163 sq ft leasable space, 40,000 employees

Old Today, 02:11 PM

1,077 posts, read 1,278,801 times
Default Chicago

Quick guess for Chicago:

The Loop
River North, Fulton Market
Schaumburg area/Jane Adams corridor
Oak Brook area/I-88 corridor
Rosemont/O'Hare

That should do it.

Old Today, 03:40 PM

306 posts, read 492,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heel82 View Post
The largest amount of office space in the Triangle by sub markets (excluding Downtown Raleigh and Durham):

1. Research Triangle Park / I-40 corridor
2. Cary
3. West Raleigh
4. Glenwood Ave / US 70
5. Six Forks
Would the office buildings in Brier Creek fall under #3 or #4?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or