U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 08:32 PM

110 posts, read 42,396 times

Advertisements

As a Coloradan, only Arizona for me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2019, 08:37 PM

7,255 posts, read 4,504,564 times
With my options being Oregon, Nevada, and Arizona, I'd pick Oregon. Can't deal with the desert heat and dryness on a permanent basis.

Old 10-16-2019, 08:37 PM

1,704 posts, read 1,015,656 times
Illinois.... either Iowa or Indiana would be fine with me. Indiana is incredibly cheap and Indianapolis sounds interesting... but Iowa also isn't bad. Wisconsin is nice but it's colder and the taxes apparently aren't great. Missouri/Kentucky, I guess I wouldn't hate either of those, just wouldn't rush to live there.

Old 10-16-2019, 08:41 PM

115 posts, read 55,759 times
Currently living in Texas. The only neighboring state I'd ever consider is New Mexico. New Mexico, even with its issues with poverty and crime, is just a gorgeous, friendly, culturally-rich and -unique state. It's like a much less "aggressive" Arizona, but just as, if not more, beautiful.

While I'm not a fan of Texas, it's still better than mostly featureless Oklahoma, too-hillbilly Arkansas and gross Louisiana.

Old 10-16-2019, 08:48 PM

115 posts, read 55,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
With my options being Oregon, Nevada, and Arizona, I'd pick Oregon. Can't deal with the desert heat and dryness on a permanent basis.
As a former California resident, I'd pick Nevada firstly, then southern Oregon secondly, then northern Arizona thirdly. All are wonderful and nice, though I like Las Vegas' non-gambling amenities and the beauty of the area around Reno. I don't know enough about Tucson to make a decision, about it one way or the other.

However, I'd never consider living in or around Portland or Phoenix. Just...no. Portland really isn't all that far off from being life a real-life set of something like Portlandia meeting the South Park smug episode. Phoenix just feels like giant Trump rally with cranky, hot, alpha-poseur types, with little oases of sanity like downtown Phoenix and Tempe.

Old 10-16-2019, 08:57 PM

46 posts, read 4,694 times
I really have no desire to leave Tennessee and I have lot’s of neighboring states to choose from but, if I had to choose it would be the lower corner of Missouri cause I love being in zone 7.

Old 10-16-2019, 09:14 PM

7,365 posts, read 4,045,849 times
New Mexico is a US state on the border with Mexico. Some people are confused about that.
I have absolutely no interest in moving...but...

Colorado? I think I could find a place there on the western slope. I almost moved to Grand Jct.
Texas? Nope - wild horses couldn't drag me there for too many reasons to list here.
Oklahoma? Utah? I'd visit but not move there. I sorta like OKC.
Arizona? Too much heat. Too red in the few places that interest me.
Chihuahua, Mex.? Sonora, Mex.? Nope. Although Sonora has the closest beaches.

Old 10-16-2019, 09:53 PM

234 posts, read 50,364 times
Living in Alabama, my options are Mississippi, Tennessee, Georgia, and Florida. Here goes.

#1 - Tennessee. I'm there a good 5-6+ times a year and absolutely love it, especially the eastern portion. Beautiful scenery, better weather, great location, good people. I have friends there and would feel at home. It's currently the #1 state I would move to in general.

#2 - Georgia. I don't generally think about living in Georgia, but I enjoy riding through the northern portion of the state and feel like its proximity to Tennessee and the Carolinas is a plus. I wouldn't be willing to live in Savannah though, doesn't seem like my cup of tea.

#3 - Florida. Assuming I had the choice of location in Florida, I'd be willing to live in the panhandle for sure. No real change in weather and culture from what I'm used to right now, so it wouldn't be that bad.

#4 - Mississippi. Nothing about Mississippi really sticks out to me. It's a perfectly fine state when I'm there, but there's not much of a draw to live there over my other options. That being said, I really enjoy visiting its Gulf Coast region.

Though I ranked the states, I don't dislike any of them

Old 10-16-2019, 10:18 PM

1,324 posts, read 1,179,678 times
Wisconsin begrudgingly. As a MN resident we like to think we are better. But there are very similar states.

Wouldn’t be interested in ND or IA. SD meh.

Old 10-16-2019, 10:25 PM

6,731 posts, read 10,612,569 times
I'd probably pick somewhere in Northwestern Nebraska - Scottsbluff, Chadron, or Valentine. A very underrated area of the Great Plains, and the Black Hills are close by.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or