U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:40 PM

258 posts, read 148,344 times

Advertisements

If you were leaving the state you live in now and only had bordering states to choose from to move to which would you choose and why? I'd pick New Mexico because I like the people and the weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 12:26 AM

979 posts, read 308,751 times
My state borders Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and New York. I've long debated whether I would want to start a life in the NYC area or the Boston area, but now I think I might want to start a family out West in California or Nevada. I'm still 25 so I actually have plenty of time to ponder my choices.

Old Today, 01:05 AM

84 posts, read 19,407 times
Virginia. Its the most similar state to NC in terms of geographic diversity. You have the mountains..... the piedmont ..coastline. Vibrant metropolitan areas..... interesting small towns in both the mountains, and along the Chesapeake. Similar weather.... a bit more snow (i dont mind that)

Old Today, 01:32 AM

1,798 posts, read 846,066 times
Definitely Oregon. Portland is a cool city - though I didn't find it overwhelmingly "weird" when I went compared to other cities; the weirdness is just maybe spread over a larger percentage of neighborhoods. I have a few friends there (and in the Eugene/Corvallis area), too.

I haven't gotten around to seeing Boise yet, but Reno was too small for me and Boise isn't that much bigger.

Though as of late I've kinda been romanticizing living in a small town and focusing on my creative work (but then Oregon has small towns too). I can't imagine I could deal with that for longer than a few months, though.

Old Today, 03:03 AM

12,304 posts, read 10,629,088 times
In Ohio, I'd probably choose Michigan due to family there and the nice environment, though the areas around Philly in Eastern PA are cool also.

Old Today, 03:17 AM

13,286 posts, read 18,237,187 times
I live in Georgia, and I'd move to South Carolina.

Old Today, 03:34 AM

414 posts, read 103,440 times
I'm in NC, and I would not care to live in any of the bordering states. If I really had to choose though: VA.

Old Today, 04:09 AM

21,492 posts, read 31,027,689 times
I'm in Florida so I have two options and would definitely choose Georgia.

Old Today, 06:39 AM

141 posts, read 53,242 times
I live in NJ and have the choice of DE, NY and PA. I would definitely pick New York.

Old Today, 06:53 AM

520 posts, read 165,245 times
I'm in Iowa and would pick Wisconsin, hands down. I like the culture, the cities, and the outdoor recreation opportunities.

Minnesota is fairly nice, and the Twin Cities have great amenities, but the people are pricks and the weather is even worse than Iowa.

Nebraska is a lot like Iowa but even more conservative.

Missouri is my second choice. I like the cities and the Ozarks a lot, but I give Wisconsin a slight edge on people.

Illinois is a lot like Iowa with a massive metro area. Not a fan of Chicagoloand folks as much, but could get used to amenities.

South Dakota is probably 3rd choice. The Black Hills are cool.

I could realistically live and be happy in any neighboring state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or