U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:19 PM

3,183 posts, read 3,156,660 times

Advertisements

... You guessed it! Califor nigh aye!

We're just measly renters here so we're not rich, but we're independent, good citizens and wont cause trouble, I promise!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 08:19 PM

282 posts, read 298,511 times
Texans seem pretty open to other states coming in, from my experience. Even Californians...

Old Yesterday, 08:44 PM

12,310 posts, read 10,633,034 times
As a former Californian, I don't ask permission and don't really care if they don't like where I'm from. We're all one country, after all.

Old Yesterday, 09:07 PM

2,296 posts, read 1,154,735 times
I think we're supposed to "get" from your thread, that, somehow, someone is special because they come from California? I've never thought that, and I don't imagine most do. Move where you want....it's not like there's a certain glow around you, that people will just "know." You put your pants on one leg at a time, just like the rest of us. I think your post comes off as a little "elitist", otherwise I don't get (at all), why you would ask.

Last edited by Enean; Yesterday at 09:21 PM..

Old Yesterday, 09:12 PM

137 posts, read 63,359 times
I'd imagine all the already left leaning states and cities because the main complaint I would venture to guess that is made about Californian expats is they go to other states/cities and vote like they did at home which ironically is maybe one of the reasons that drove them out of the state in the first place.

Old Yesterday, 09:21 PM

1,000 posts, read 379,640 times
When your closest neighbors are from Pittsburgh, Albany, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Jersey City, Indianapolis, and Pittsburgh, someone from Los Algun Lado California looks exotic by comparison.

Old Yesterday, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heel82 View Post
When your closest neighbors are from Pittsburgh, Albany, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Jersey City, Indianapolis, and Pittsburgh, someone from Los Algun Lado California looks exotic by comparison.
No they don't...not at all. I know people who live in California, and trust me, they look no different than someone who lives in the Midwest. The exception, is in the winter they still wear shorts, and we wear wool.

Old Yesterday, 09:33 PM

7,770 posts, read 9,628,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enean View Post
I think we're supposed to "get" from your thread, that, somehow, someone is special because they come from California? I've never thought that, and I don't imagine most do. Move where you want....it's not like there's a certain glow around you, that people will just "know." You put your pants on one leg at a time, just like the rest of us. I think your post comes off as a little "elitist", otherwise I don't get (at all), why you would ask.
I think it means just the opposite...

Old Yesterday, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
I think it means just the opposite...
Perhaps, but I still think what I think. I would never ask if I would "fit in" in California, because I've lived in the Midwest.

Old Yesterday, 09:35 PM

14,184 posts, read 20,086,736 times
This is a waste of bandwidth...

Who knows where people are from unless they tell you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or