U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 10:51 AM

3,154 posts, read 1,685,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the resident09 View Post
Oh yea that's Eastover. Not pretty at all, but if you ask someone from certain parts of SE they will say that that's not too bad.
When i lived in a Suitland apartment complex dudes tried to tell me how scary it was all the time and it was soo annoying. How I had to be careful and all that.

I was like yo... yall have black county execs, the largest black middle class in america, ample opportunity to start small business on the cheap, several rapid transit stations, affordable housing, single family homes with yards, mcmansions within realistic reach, minimal abandoned housing, good weather, a central location to other black communities, minimal gang culture, black principals, radio stations, law firms,an omnipresent and responsive police force and come from families with stable government jobs and a host of other things I never had growing up ..and you think its 'hard' out here?

If its hard here then what is it in Baltimore, Philly, Richmond, Hartford, the Bronx? It was beyond irritating to listen to these suburban guys tell me how hard it was because there weren't any "premium" department stores. It was like guys were out in PG committing crime for fun-to this day the only other subset of young people eager to tell me how hard they were from the South and West sides of Chicago.

I understand PG does have great employment in the county itself and lack walkable neighborhoods and has weak schools but there are also good schools in PG and bucolic settings all over the place. I hated sitting amongst all he wasted potential.

Needless to say I never had anything remotely dangerous or bothersome happen to me in my year in PGC when my lease was up i moved to Baltimore where i was promptly reminded of what an actual 'hood' is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or