U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2019, 10:03 AM

87,993 posts, read 104,231,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screenwriter70 View Post
My fiance loves his herb so his goal is to relocate to a state where he can grow his own 'medicine'. His top 3 states for moving to are California, Nevada, and Washington, maybe Colorado.

Any advice on which state may be best for long term living, where the devils lettuce is legal recreationally? Those who live in such states - do you like it? Does being weed-friendly affect you & your lifestyle?

Thank you in advance. (No, I don't smoke. At all.)
3 states, then you name four? OK! Colorado is expensive, but not as much so as CA, possibly WA as well. I think NV is fairly low for COL. You can grow it here. I don't know what the rules are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2019, 10:11 AM

1,397 posts, read 606,955 times
Unless you’re planning on starting a legitimate marijuana business this should be way down on the list of priorities when looking to relocate. Medical and/or recreational marijuana is legal in 35 +/- states, and I seriously doubt anyone has ever been denied getting a medical card. While there may be states out there that won’t let you, I’ve never heard of not being able to grow for personal use if it’s for a medical condition. I’m sure there’s plenty of websites out there that’ll break down all the medial and recreational rules for every state.

Old 10-30-2019, 11:15 PM

6,171 posts, read 4,101,201 times
To the OP's question, no, there is not much outwardly that has changed in the States that have legalized. I think those who choose to buy legally tend to use it legally, as in only in their private residence. My personal opinion is this drug is less harmful than alcohol, but that is just me. I think most are aware that the odor can be a problem, and they try hard to keep it to a minimum within their communities. Most weed users actually have a conscience believe it or not. They are not deadbeats, or "dopeheads" they are good citizens of most communities. In general the Genie is out of the bottle with this and there is no evidence this State legalization has created more problems.

Old 10-30-2019, 11:41 PM

4,548 posts, read 4,739,192 times
A friend of mine moved to Washington for two reasons...to be near me and for legalized marijuana. As soon as she moved here she heavily indulged, smoking pot all day everyday. She had extreme psychotic episodes, got kicked out of the house she was renting, went to jail for attacking a police officer and is currently residing in a state mental hospital. I think heavy use is more dangerous than we are told.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or