U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 07:19 PM

18,435 posts, read 4,500,636 times

Advertisements

What would be your top states to move to that are not your own if you were single and looking to date?Also, what state do you live in now?I will go first....I live in Texas and my top states would be Oklahoma,Arkansas, and TN.Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2019, 07:31 PM
Status: "Coffee is at least 3 of my food groups" (set 9 days ago)

1,954 posts, read 909,316 times
As a guy, if you have geographical mobility but your income is fixed, Seattle kinda sucks because it's such a wealthy area, so you're up against tough competition. People say that men here are total dorks and have no fashion sense but I think that's only true for a certain smallish segment of the population, and Seattle as a whole is pretty comparable to other large cities.

I think the general pool of people of your gender that you're "up against" is a bigger factor than the one people usually talk about (gender ratios, which don't vary much from place to place).

For me... I dunno. It's all about the specific person to me, I'm done with getting dates just to get dates.

Old 10-31-2019, 05:45 AM

21,581 posts, read 31,255,995 times
Judging by state has no value really. New York State would fair poorly overall, but NYC is among the top few cities to choose from.

Old 10-31-2019, 12:07 PM

1,543 posts, read 1,170,244 times
I would go where I had the largest support system of friends and family. That's going to enable you to be confident, be yourself, etc.

Old 10-31-2019, 12:48 PM

5,426 posts, read 3,303,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
As a guy, if you have geographical mobility but your income is fixed, Seattle kinda sucks because it's such a wealthy area, so you're up against tough competition. People say that men here are total dorks and have no fashion sense but I think that's only true for a certain smallish segment of the population, and Seattle as a whole is pretty comparable to other large cities.

I think the general pool of people of your gender that you're "up against" is a bigger factor than the one people usually talk about (gender ratios, which don't vary much from place to place).

For me... I dunno. It's all about the specific person to me, I'm done with getting dates just to get dates.
Yup. These people are wealthy and ambitious. This is not going to your local Applebee's, sitting at a bar while reading a BMW brochure.

Old 11-01-2019, 09:08 AM

25,168 posts, read 18,669,259 times
I live in Tennessee. I work in a factory town where the median age is late 40s. Low income, low educational attainment. The dating dynamics here are going to be wildly different than urban Nashville.

Old 11-02-2019, 01:14 PM

4,306 posts, read 9,064,209 times
Single and looking to date? For either hetero/homo interests, larger cities for sure, of course. I don't think you can generalize entire states.

City-wise, these are definitely tops with a ton of singles looking to hang and date. They have a lot of nightlife, mixed with high paying jobs (makes for good catches), things to do on dates--romantic, adventurous, culturally, etc., and not to mention a great crop of attractive folks.

*Chicago
*Atlanta
*Nashville
*Dallas
*Austin
*Seattle
*Los Angeles
*Denver
*Boston
*New York City (but it's huge and dating can be a mixed bag of great and sketchy interactions LOL)
*Washington DC

Old 11-03-2019, 10:16 AM

2,223 posts, read 727,848 times
If looking for a woman, New York City.
If looking for man, San Francisco.

Old 11-03-2019, 11:01 AM

21,581 posts, read 31,255,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
If looking for a woman, New York City.
If looking for man, San Francisco.
Oh sure, that really sums it up....thanks!

Old 11-03-2019, 11:06 AM

23,265 posts, read 10,002,503 times
Go where the jobs are. That is where you will find the most young people. Many younger people try to leave their hometowns when they graduate if there are not a lot of jobs or much of a future there.

But you didn't mention what age group of single people--I assumed you meant younger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or