Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 06:04 PM

12 posts, read 8,787 times

Advertisements

THE NORTHWEST HOMELAND: Home Page
Alaskan Independence Party - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Republic of New Afrika - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Californian independence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Republic of Lakotah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Vinland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cascadia (independence movement) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Confederate States of America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Aztlán - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Republic of Texas (group) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Republic of South Carolina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Second Vermont Republic

Thats all i could find at the moment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2008, 07:30 PM

98 posts, read 314,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post
There was a movement a few years ago in Austin by a group that felt that the annexation of Texas into the US was never properly ratified, but I think most of their leaders are currently in prison for tax evasion and other charges.

Oops! maybe not enough of them. I just found a Texas Seccession web site, so the movement is still going strong!

Texas Secession
As long as they don't leave a certain someone behind who lives in DC right now

Old 04-30-2008, 07:53 PM

146 posts, read 688,964 times
Whoa, good job, SouthernWanderer. Second Vermont Republic has a nice ring to it, don't you think?

Old 04-30-2008, 08:13 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,057,650 times
County in the NW corner of Georgia, the "State of Dade" - w/ the town of Trenton, nestled in scenic valley between Sand [to the west] and Lookout [to the east] Mountains. Some claim that this is just a rumor, w/o any basis of much fact. I don't know... I lived and worked in that area for few years, met a lot of locals, and all can say is that the area is quite secluded, has its own 'special' mentality, yet is great area, and I could see such being tried.

For some other lists:
List of active autonomist and secessionist movements - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
List of U.S. state secession proposals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia which includes one of my favourites:
Quote:
Kentucky
,,,snip,,,
* In the 1950s, Letcher County, Kentucky, threatened to secede from the state, demanding better roads in the area.
The threats subsided when Governor A.B. Chandler indicated that he did not care.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:06 PM

769 posts, read 2,232,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post
There was a movement a few years ago in Austin by a group that felt that the annexation of Texas into the US was never properly ratified, but I think most of their leaders are currently in prison for tax evasion and other charges.

Oops! maybe not enough of them. I just found a Texas Seccession web site, so the movement is still going strong!

Texas Secession
Good riddance! Why doesn't the U.S. just sell that place back to Mexico? Then we can use the money for something constructive like making a giant fence to keep the Texans out!

Old 05-01-2008, 09:17 AM

721 posts, read 2,609,987 times
List from Wikepedia of seccession movement sin the US.
List of U.S. state secession proposals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-01-2008, 12:16 PM

1,298 posts, read 4,286,773 times
Some Hawaiian natives don't recognize statehood. A group of them protested peacefully in front of the Hawaiian Palace just recently.

Old 05-01-2008, 12:17 PM

1,298 posts, read 4,286,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by What! View Post
Good riddance! Why doesn't the U.S. just sell that place back to Mexico? Then we can use the money for something constructive like making a giant fence to keep the Texans out!
Hm, someone's got their panties in a wad. What are you, 5 years old?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.