Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 10:52 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,931,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsGiantsIndiansfan2008 View Post
need more proof
Fatal shooting at Dodger Stadium cast pall over sports | Oakland Tribune | Find Articles at BNET.com

Unruly fans playing with fire | The San Diego Union-Tribune

Teen dies after fight at San Francisco Giants game, police say - Inside Bay Area

CNN.com - US - Violence erupts after Lakers win NBA title - June 20, 2000 (http://archives.cnn.com/2000/US/06/20/lakers.violence/index.html - broken link)

And Philly gets ripped for booing a skinny drunken Santa Claus in the 1960s....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2008, 11:22 AM

5,347 posts, read 10,108,413 times
Let's rewind. DC is the perfect example of a city that is not a great sports town. The Wiz and the Caps have support when they are winning. The Nats are new and will need to build a fan base. People are only fanatical about the Skins. That does not make a great sports town if you are only fanatical about one franchise. Chicago is not fanatical about the Bulls. The only cities where I see this are Philly and Boston to some extent. Boston's fans didn't care about the Celtics last year. However, they do get behind a winner like no other city. I also didn't say the Cowboys don't have fans outside of Texas. I was trying to say that Dallas is not a great sports town because they only care about the Cowboys. The Rangers and the Mavericks are also rans when they are losing. That's not a great sports town (See Philly). Year after year, Philadelphia fans have had to endure some of the most heart wrenching moments and they still return. They are like Cubs fans. I live in DC and the Cowpokes have fans all over the place (sad to say). They are the richest team in all of sports. You have to have a great fan base to be considered one of the richest teams in the world.

Spade, you can't sh&t on the Skins. As screwed up as Synder has been, they continue to lead the league in attendance for the 8 straight years. They also have a waiting list for season tickets. The Skins were the richest franchise in all of sports up until this year because Jerry Jones needed to build a new stadium to keep up with Danny. If you look at the Forbes report, they Skins generate more money than the boys.

Old 05-28-2008, 05:00 PM

2,114 posts, read 4,890,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
If you look at the Forbes report, they Skins generate more money than the boys.
I just checked that. wow. I can't believe its not the Yankees or Man U.

Old 05-29-2008, 11:17 AM

872 posts, read 1,703,800 times
Best is Chicago, worst is a tossup between Atlanta and Orlando.

Old 05-29-2008, 01:07 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,257,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughguy View Post
The Cowboys are universally reviled outside of Texas. Even the name "Cowboys" evokes this hick image that is despicable to most people in the north. The (Dead)skins are also loathed by many, simply because of their disgustingly racist mascot.
Where did you get that from. I don't know anyone who thinks that.

Old 05-29-2008, 01:29 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,493,343 times
Best, Cleveland
Pittsburgh
Boston
St Louis
Chicago
Houston
Philly

Worst, LA
Miami
Phoenix
SF

Old 05-29-2008, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsGiantsIndiansfan2008 View Post
Yeah. I guess that's why the cowboys are called America's team and are the richest football club in the country. If you gonna be biased and talk ****, at least pretend to know what your talking about. And as a person who is 25% Native American, i've never bought that "racist" tripe and neither do most of us. And a your a filthy hypocrate, saying that the redskins are racist but saying that Teaxans are rednecks. I'm sorry people downm here in San Fran and in Dallas actually support their sports teams, unlike Seattle. Do everyone in the north a favor, and SHUT THE **** up.
gave you a rep point, you said it perfect!

Old 05-29-2008, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughguy View Post
The Cowboys are dubbed "America's Team" because of a 1978 NFL Films documentary. It is a sham monikor to match their sham fanbase. Looking at all those fans in cowboy hats makes me want to puke. It doesn't matter if they are the richest team(which is almost a non-sequiter; Compare Paul Allen to Jerry Jones), there is a thing called the Salary Cap. Which, by the way, was implemented after their championships of the 90's. Notice they haven't done anything during the salaray cap era. Except choke in the first round.

And you are right, we don't support our teams here. That's why the Seahawks have the best home field advantage in the league. The Rangers and Mavericks are afterthoughts, as are the Warriors and Athletics.
And Seattle is so unoriginal that they couldn't even come up with a unique slogan for their fans. The 12th man? Texas A&M owns that one already. How about the sonics? they want to move because of no support up there.

Old 05-29-2008, 02:11 PM

1,989 posts, read 6,579,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
And Seattle is so unoriginal that they couldn't even come up with a unique slogan for their fans. The 12th man? Texas A&M owns that one already. How about the sonics? they want to move because of no support up there.
No, the Sonics want to move because a deceitful, carpetbagging ownership group comprised of slimy right wing businessmen want to elevate Oklahoma City to "big league" status by any means necessary, including stealing a beloved team with 40 years of fan support and history. Get your facts straight.

Old 05-30-2008, 12:22 AM

96 posts, read 614,427 times
Best 6:
1. Boston
2. New York
3. Chicago
4. Philadelphia
5. Dallas
6. Denver

Worst 6:
1. Atlanta
2. Phoenix
3. Miami
4. Tampa
5. Milwaukee
6. Los Angeles (too many bandwagoners that leave early)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.