U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 04:11 PM

15,453 posts, read 25,397,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Id agree. Could you imagine if we had a climate like San Diego?? The metro would probably be like 20 million. If that was the case, I dont know if Id want to live here, too many people. We have too many as it is!
Or if San Diego or Los Angeles had the urban landscape and public transit of Chicago that would be really cool too; I like my hills, canyons, mountains and ocean. My friend who i grew up with in the Bay Area and went to college with in San Diego moved to Chicago almost a year ago for really no good reason and she loves it, says the people are great and she seems to like the change of seasons. I'm looking forward to visiting her soon and checking out one of America's largest and greatest cities....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2008, 04:22 PM

20,005 posts, read 69,384,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Or if San Diego or Los Angeles had the urban landscape and public transit of Chicago that would be really cool too; I like my hills, canyons, mountains and ocean. My friend who i grew up with in the Bay Area and went to college with in San Diego moved to Chicago almost a year ago for really no good reason and she loves it, says the people are great and she seems to like the change of seasons. I'm looking forward to visiting her soon and checking out one of America's largest and greatest cities....
If you take out the earthquakes, heck yeah! I wouldnt want that urban landscape in a earthquake-prone region. There are trillions of tons of steel in downtown Chicago, imagine all that coming down with the million+ people working in them?

Old 06-04-2008, 04:39 PM

15,453 posts, read 25,397,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
If you take out the earthquakes, heck yeah! I wouldnt want that urban landscape in a earthquake-prone region. There are trillions of tons of steel in downtown Chicago, imagine all that coming down with the million+ people working in them?
haha, true I didn't really think about that! Even though high rises are actually some of the safest structures to be in an earthquake b/c they can flex, at least the ones they build here b/c of strong codes, that is still a lot of glass that has the potential to break and fall to the street. During the 89 quake I know that's how some people got injured in downtown SF. Okay then leave out LA and put Chicago where SD is, San Diego has a much lower earthquake risk b/c it's far from the San Andreas fault.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:12 AM

2 posts, read 5,331 times
I have to say that I do not think that anything compares to a life lived well on the Hamptons! Even a summer rental on the east end of Long Island is like balm for the soul...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.