U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: What city would you pick?
NYC 17 20.24%
San Fransisco 10 11.90%
L.A 8 9.52%
Chicago 6 7.14%
Boston 7 8.33%
Miami 4 4.76%
Atlanta 2 2.38%
San Diego 11 13.10%
Other (specify) 19 22.62%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-12-2008, 01:32 PM
 
Location: Hell's Kitchen, NYC
2,271 posts, read 4,530,635 times
Reputation: 1594

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
Nope, non world class. DC is the strongest of them, but the world class cities to me at least are New York, London, Paris and Tokyo
Well, they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-12-2008, 01:34 PM
 
Location: moving again
4,382 posts, read 15,324,812 times
Reputation: 1589
Quote:
Originally Posted by theSUBlime View Post
Well, they are.
well, it's what we call SUBJECTIVE. Notice how i said "TO ME".
No need to be rude, Sir *shakes head
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2008, 01:53 PM
 
Location: Hell's Kitchen, NYC
2,271 posts, read 4,530,635 times
Reputation: 1594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
well, it's what we call SUBJECTIVE. Notice how i said "TO ME".
No need to be rude, Sir *shakes head
Oh, didn't have to add "to me" because it is subjective. I wasn't being rude at all. Just stating my opinion, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2008, 02:53 PM
Status: "Dow hits new high - over 27,000!" (set 2 days ago)
 
Location: Suburban Dallas
46,866 posts, read 37,036,075 times
Reputation: 28343
Default We'll Just Move To 'Other'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingnjkbling View Post
I'm Shocked 'other' has 6 votes already, I basically named every major city in the U.S on this poll...
Oh, well. It happens.

By the way, it's at 14 now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2008, 03:01 PM
 
5 posts, read 10,366 times
Reputation: 16
After moving away from Central NY last year for what I thought might be greener pastures, I now want to move back more than anything! If I could live anywhere, it would be Central New York (believe it or not). The economy is down right now, but the people are friendly, there are lots of recreational opportunities, no natural disasters, and you're within driving distance of many great cities, the Adirondacks, Canada, and Vermont. I miss "home"! There's also such an incredible sense of community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2008, 03:11 PM
 
Location: Houston Texas
2,898 posts, read 2,878,813 times
Reputation: 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by e dantes View Post
After moving away from Central NY last year for what I thought might be greener pastures, I now want to move back more than anything! If I could live anywhere, it would be Central New York (believe it or not). The economy is down right now, but the people are friendly, there are lots of recreational opportunities, no natural disasters, and you're within driving distance of many great cities, the Adirondacks, Canada, and Vermont. I miss "home"! There's also such an incredible sense of community.
Dude, I understand completely! I love it here in Houston, but upstate NY is awesome! The Adirondacks, Catskills, Finger Lakes, the beautiful smaller parks (Letchworth, Buttermilk Falls, stoney brook etc. etc.) the canal, Lake Ontario's beautiful beaches, lots of culture in Rochester, Buffalo and Syracuse. The list goes on, but don't forget the best weather in the country from April through late October. I am from Rochester originally and agree with the sense of community too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2008, 03:15 PM
 
Location: West Michigan
12,084 posts, read 34,165,985 times
Reputation: 16839
If I could live anywhere it wouldn't be any of those. Wouldn't be a city at all actually .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2008, 03:18 PM
 
5 posts, read 10,366 times
Reputation: 16
There are many things I like about the KC area, and it's been fun getting to know a different part of the country. I actually moved out here to get married to an Independence girl, and we plan to move back to NY in two, three or four years. She's been to NY a couple of times and loves it. It's going to be fun introducing her to "my" part of the country!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2008, 04:01 PM
 
Location: moving again
4,382 posts, read 15,324,812 times
Reputation: 1589
Quote:
Originally Posted by theSUBlime View Post
Oh, didn't have to add "to me" because it is subjective. I wasn't being rude at all. Just stating my opinion, too.
no no, you were
And I had to add to me because you're telling me that they are world class as if it is fact, not like it is you're opinion. So i suggest you say to me instead of being rude i guess indirectly by not stating that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2008, 04:10 PM
 
Location: Houston Texas
2,898 posts, read 2,878,813 times
Reputation: 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
no no, you were
And I had to add to me because you're telling me that they are world class as if it is fact, not like it is you're opinion. So i suggest you say to me instead of being rude i guess indirectly by not stating that.
Actually there are a number of sites that have come up with lists of world cities (GWAC inventory of world cities is one ) NYC has 12 pts, LA and Chicago have 10, SF has 9, Houston, Dallas, DC and Boston have 6. There you go, the world class cities in the US as defined by experts. Thanks for playing, see you in the next episode with the potential to win cash prizes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top