U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2008, 02:19 PM

1,137 posts, read 2,049,995 times

Advertisements

GAH! I really didn't want to bring the pictures out an bore all these nice people! Darn, I had tried really hard to be a better representation of the city, but i got tied up in the arguement too and turned into another blatant Omaha nerd.

It really is easy to do when you are met with a lot of people who are too glued to their preconceptions of a city like Omaha. Oh well, here's to hoping my next discussion goes better. I'm not giving up the fight!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2008, 04:40 PM

3,340 posts, read 8,703,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
He must work either for the Omaha Conventions and Visitors Bureau or the Omaha Chamber of Commerce. One thing I have to admit and that is he's sold me on the "one size fits all" concept of Omaha. Need a cold climate? Omaha's got it. Need Palm Trees? Omaha has those too. Need a mountain range? Omaha's got it.
Wrong, incorrect, as the French, Spanish and Italians say, no, and nope. When did I ever say any of that? EVER?
I'm in highschool

Last edited by Raphael07; 06-21-2008 at 04:52 PM..

Old 06-21-2008, 04:42 PM

4,382 posts, read 15,320,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ne View Post
Wrong, incorrect, as the French, Spanish and Italians say, no, and nope. When did I ever say any of that? EVER?
By the way, I'm an architect
are you really? there was this one thread where you said kids aren't that stupid today and you were a very smart student in high school i think. do i smell a fib?

Old 06-21-2008, 04:53 PM

3,340 posts, read 8,703,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
are you really? there was this one thread where you said kids aren't that stupid today and you were a very smart student in high school i think. do i smell a fib?
heh heh, I love that edit button, nice memory

Old 06-21-2008, 06:54 PM

5,721 posts, read 9,086,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ne View Post
I'm in highschool
Worse yet but I suspected it.

We also have the Mystic Marine Life Aquarium nearby. And nearby Springfield, MA has the Basketball Hall of Fame. And in nearby New Haven we also have Yale University and the original Frank Pepe's Pizza and Sally's Pizza on Wooster Street. So there...

Old 06-21-2008, 08:06 PM

11,877 posts, read 32,904,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
It's so sad that posters can be banned for posting copyrighted material but not for telling blatant and proven lies and misrepresenting themselves.

At any rate, it all makes sense now. It's too bad one immature high school student has ruined people's impressions of Omaha.

Old 06-21-2008, 08:22 PM

2,418 posts, read 4,195,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
I'm going to say Detroit as it probably has the most potential of any city. I know, everyone is saying to themselves that Detroit sucks, but think about it; everything is already there just waiting for someone to come in and with enough money, some renovations and one heck of a clean-up and Detroit will once again be a world-class city.
Thank you! I too believe the so-called "Rust Belt" is the next big thing. I put my money where my mouth is and moved to Pittsburgh last year and now I'm buying a house, one that would cost upwards of 200k almost anywhere else worth living. I got it for 1/4 of that. I've never been to Detroit (or MI, one of only 6 states I've never visited), but once I get over the Stanley Cup, I'm sure I'll make the 4.5 hour drive and check it out. I heard Detroit might be the next Omaha!

Old 06-21-2008, 08:29 PM

Incidentally, Pittsburgh is about to become a Gamma World City on account of it having 4 of the tallest buildings between Philly and Cleveland. Next up, the Olympics!

Old 06-21-2008, 09:01 PM

5,721 posts, read 9,086,134 times
Creepsinc. Check the Pittsburgh board. A good string is going on the subject of the western PA economy. Overall it is in better shape than most of the country.

Old 06-21-2008, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
Creepsinc. Check the Pittsburgh board. A good string is going on the subject of the western PA economy. Overall it is in better shape than most of the country.
Yeah, I've heard that. It's the consolation prize for missing out on the 80s, 90s and early aughts. I'll take it, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or