U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 08:46 PM

4 posts, read 4,194 times

Advertisements

Hmm I guess it depends what your definition of exciting is. If it's big city, nightlife, cosmopolitan, urban, culture, events, etc. then I would say either NYC, Chicago, San Francisco, or LA even though LA requires a little more driving then the other three. Maybe Boston and Seattle.

If you just want to party, party, party, and party some more and don't mind tourists then Las Vegas and Miami. Miami has the bonus of a great beach. Las Vegas has gambling galore.

Some people find outdoor sports and activites exciting and then I would say San Diego, places in Colorado, etc. Think mountain biking, surfing, snowboarding, rock climbing, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2008, 11:22 PM

314 posts, read 1,284,077 times
San Francisco

Old 06-20-2008, 12:41 AM

7,911 posts, read 12,407,321 times
New Orleans, probably.

Detroit, Philly, Newark....war zones are probably far from boring

Old 06-20-2008, 10:05 PM

5,733 posts, read 9,128,218 times
It simply has to be Omaha.

Old 06-21-2008, 12:01 AM

4,552 posts, read 13,492,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
New Orleans, probably.

Detroit, Philly, Newark....war zones are probably far from boring

I wonder what the life span is in those war zones?

Old 06-21-2008, 02:26 PM

1,137 posts, read 2,055,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
It simply has to be Omaha.
THE most exciting? Even I think that's wishful thinking. I think we're a great place, but Omaha doesn't beat out places like Las Vegas for excitement. It is very exciting, don't get me wrong, but this just isn't our fight. Lets back off here.

Old 06-21-2008, 05:03 PM

14,330 posts, read 19,610,643 times
San Francisco, Washington, DC.

Old 06-21-2008, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Adam29 View Post
THE most exciting? Even I think that's wishful thinking. I think we're a great place, but Omaha doesn't beat out places like Las Vegas for excitement. It is very exciting, don't get me wrong, but this just isn't our fight. Lets back off here.
Well, if you are entitled to voice your opinion about your perception of Omaha being such a great place, others can also voice their opinion about what an exciting place it truly is. Sometimes over exuberance on a subject must be met with a more tempered and realistic viewpoint i.e. tone.

Old 06-21-2008, 09:17 PM

1,137 posts, read 2,055,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
Well, if you are entitled to voice your opinion about your perception of Omaha being such a great place, others can also voice their opinion about what an exciting place it truly is. Sometimes over exuberance on a subject must be met with a more tempered and realistic viewpoint i.e. tone.

I guess, but if you want people to take you seriously, you've got to pick your battles. If you are adamant about this, I wont stop you, I simply won't be assisting your point.

Old 06-21-2008, 09:33 PM

People do take seriously what I have to say on the subject of Omaha. The problem is we have a couple of people that are artificially inflating the importance of Omaha as a cultural mecca, financial center and economic powerhouse as it relates to much larger and more important metropolitan areas. I don't think any of the people that are taking you and Go NE to task are going to claim that Omaha is a dying back water whose better days are behind it. On the contrary, I've stated it is an up and coming city and seems to have a decent future. But to constantly harp about how allegedly great it is and then Go NE claiming that someone said "NYC has nothing on Omaha" is not only absurd but bordering on the insane. You need to be taken to task for some of these statements and in fact, Go NE has just been exposed by someone in the "Cities with the Brightest Future" string.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or