U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 08:51 AM

5,721 posts, read 9,088,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ne View Post
I told you, our news paper said that, the Omaha World Herald is our newpaper
What he means is this. The way you are grossly over promoting your area to anyone and everyone regardless of their relocation situation makes it appear as though you want to create a very large population boom in the Omaha area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2008, 09:26 PM

2,418 posts, read 4,196,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingnjkbling View Post
For a person 18-34_What city that you have been to is the most exciting?

By exciting, I mean just the vibe and energy you can feel by walking through the city.

Let's exclude NYC,Vegas,and Miami (because those cities would get the most votes)

So What city would it be?

L.A,Chicago,San Fran,Boston,Atlanta,Seattle???
Well, since you are looking for things you can feel by WALKING through the city, LA and Atlanta are immediately disqualified, and Seattle barely makes it in. And as for Seattle, there's no excitment there, even in the few walkable neighborhoods. I would look to NYC and San Francisco, and you'd better be independently wealthy. Boston, maybe. Chicago, definitely. Possibly D.C. in some spots. I would guess New Orleans, but I haven't been there since I was nine.
I've heard Montreal is the most exciting city in North America outside of Ciudad de Mexico. Other than that, you're stuck with your average, bustling mid-sized city which shuts down by 2am at the latest. In my opinion, Pittsburgh tops that list, as far as character goes. I would try Europe, if you can.

Old 05-21-2009, 03:25 PM

2 posts, read 2,327 times
i dont know what any of you guys are talking about that say miami isn't as exciting. It has the most clubs, the most diversity, and people come from all over to party in miami, including famous peopl ie: lil wayne and he is from new orleans, JEEZY, prncer always be at the 5th, D. Wayde, and the list goes on. There are many things to do in miami or for that matter, s. florida. South beach is a mix of sun worshippers, the eccentric, art lovers, designers, tourists, and celebrities alike. You will never run out of something to do and there is entertainment at every corner. During the day, models, Harleys, vintage model cars, and rollerbladers of all kinds of ages stroll past tourists who are people watching and chilling on one of Ocean Drive's many outdoor patios. At night time the clubs begin to sizzle and get vibrant. Be sure to visit the numerous venues down on Washington Avenue where you can select from bars, lounges, or dance clubs! South Beach is a famous location known all over the world and visited by millions of nightlife, art, celebrity and entertainment lovers worldwide. It is also known as SOBE, and is jam-packed with energy and beautiful people that you can watch from a roadside cafe while enjoying some tropical cocktails during 'Happy Hour'!. Loosen up and calm down, take a break and get away to SOBE!
The only problem is the dumb tourists that don't know anything that ruin it for the locals every year and people who move from other states. Those people are bringing S fl down
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or