U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 06:52 PM

5,296 posts, read 5,207,148 times

Advertisements

I hate rain...I even hate water droplets hitting me.
What state has the driest as well as the coolest weather in the country?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2008, 06:55 PM

389 posts, read 948,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
I hate rain...I even hate water droplets hitting me.
What state has the driest as well as the coolest weather in the country?
Barring Alaska, Washington State and Oregon State are actually very dry and quite cool. If you want lengths without rain and cool days/nights, you should try maybe Bend, Oregon, or maybe Yakima, Washington.

Old 06-14-2008, 06:55 PM

3,940 posts, read 13,337,597 times
Black Hills of South Dakota

Old 06-14-2008, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticPhoenix View Post
If you want lengths without rain and cool days/nights, you should try maybe Bend, Oregon, or maybe Yakima, Washington.
Didn't Washington get incredible precip last winter? Not that I'd probably be there in winter anyway.
Well I just happened to be looking on YouTube and it looks like Yakima has got some strange probs with gangs!?...
That junk flips me out,that's the reason I want out of Philly! I can't even have that anywhere nearby,I'm already traumatized.
Anyway one of the other places I heard about where the weather is dry alot is Pueblo Colorado also.

Last edited by StuckPA; 06-14-2008 at 07:48 PM..

Old 06-14-2008, 08:59 PM

2,502 posts, read 8,048,434 times
Colorado? It does snow there, but almost everyday is a sunny day. I don't think it rains very often.

Katiana can probably confirm or deny this (because I'm not positive).

Old 06-14-2008, 09:30 PM

29,910 posts, read 8,614,547 times
Quote:
Didn't Washington get incredible precip last winter? Not that I'd probably be there in winter anyway.
Well I just happened to be looking on YouTube and it looks like Yakima has got some strange probs with gangs!?...
That junk flips me out,that's the reason I want out of Philly! I can't even have that anywhere nearby,I'm already traumatized.
Anyway one of the other places I heard about where the weather is dry alot is Pueblo Colorado also.
How about Wyoming? it's very cool and dry there. but do you like snow? you like cool weather, but do you like COLD weather?

Old 06-14-2008, 09:37 PM

4,908 posts, read 12,523,477 times
Quote:
I hate rain...Well I just happened to be looking on YouTube and it looks like Yakima has got some strange probs with gangs!?...
That junk flips me out,that's the reason I want out of Philly!

Are you still whining about Philly?

I hear Point Barrow is nice and dry? I'll pay your moving cost

http://www.geog.nau.edu/courses/alew/ggr346/text/maps/mainmap.jpg (broken link)

Old 06-14-2008, 09:55 PM

389 posts, read 948,218 times
Quote:
We did. It was a record setting year for snow. Still, most fo the year, it's dry. Yakima has some problem with crime, and most of it is meth-related. But there are still some nice areas and some definte advantages to the Yakima area. You're close to Seattle, but you're on the dry side of the mountains.

Still, you could try Klamath Falls, Oregon or maybe even Bend, Oregon. Or maybe try Kalispell, Montana, Billings Montana, or virtually any Montana city. But beware of the cold in the winter time.

Oh, and the youtube thing... of course you should take youtube's word for it, after all, if you saw it/heard it/read it on the interwebs, it must be true, right?

Old 06-14-2008, 10:36 PM

1,965 posts, read 5,787,297 times
Utah, Colorado, the Sierra/Nevada of California, Central Oregon, Eastern Washington

Old 06-15-2008, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxiweodwo View Post
How about Wyoming? it's very cool and dry there. but do you like snow? you like cool weather, but do you like COLD weather?
I don't want to get covered in ash when the volcano erupts in WY...lol.
Actually I don't mind cold at all,I don't like heat & humidity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.