U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Greatest influence on the U.S.A.
New York City 62 36.05%
Los Angeles 63 36.63%
Chicago 4 2.33%
Boston 3 1.74%
Milwaukee 0 0%
Seattle 0 0%
Portland, OR 0 0%
San Fransisco 1 0.58%
San Diego 0 0%
Denver 0 0%
Phoenix 0 0%
Houston 9 5.23%
Dallas/Fort Worth 5 2.91%
Philadelphia 3 1.74%
Pittsburgh 2 1.16%
Detroit 5 2.91%
Minneapolis/St. paul 0 0%
Other Nation 6 3.49%
other (please state) 9 5.23%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 06:17 PM

2,498 posts, read 10,305,382 times

Advertisements

OK, I looked at all the profiles and 20 of them, yes 20, have made 0 posts!!! I think we can say that this thread is not legitimate and does not truly reflect the members of this forum. Even though I voted for LA, I think it is sad that someone (likely an Angelino) would go to the length of doing this, making their great city look so pathetic. It is totally fine if the members of this forum think NYC is more influential. It is their opinions and I find it interesting to read and you should respect them. As a Southern California resident, while Los Angeles may be more influential in my life, it is interesting to see how cities in other regions of the country find certain cities to have a greater influence in their life and the country. Most Angelinos would be ashamed of something as pathetic like this. When others say they don't like LA, most Angelinos respect that it isn't for everyone and go on enjoying their lives. They don't feel like they need to prove themselves to America by winning city-data posts. Its a real shame that an organized thread like this with all the great options has been tainted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2008, 06:20 PM

980 posts, read 2,912,421 times
Ugh, what a shame!!

Old 06-16-2008, 06:21 PM

2,502 posts, read 8,061,365 times
I just think it's ridiculous that C-D does screen registration more. I was shocked to find out that they don't use e-mail verification.

Old 06-16-2008, 06:25 PM

To think some old lady in Russia right now could have her email being used for a fake account just shocks me!!

Old 06-16-2008, 06:32 PM

Really it's so sad to me!!!!!!!

Old 06-16-2008, 06:48 PM

6,495 posts, read 16,203,942 times
Who wants to register 30 dummy members to vote for NYC and balance it out? lol

Old 06-16-2008, 07:00 PM

15,989 posts, read 30,752,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soho111 View Post
Let me guess, you another one of the trolls?

Paranoid?

Ummm, as a new college resident in NYC I digress. Regardless of you and your other reincarnations rigging the poll, I know that I live in the largest, greatest and most influential city in this country. Go ahead, create more usernames and add 100 more votes to Los Angeles; that doesn't change anything, because you skewing the results of this poll with your aliases will only further prove my argument that some of you Los Angeles posters seem very desperate and are obviously dying for acceptance.

Well, these results sure are very different from...

http://www.city-data.com/forum/gener...-new-york.html

I can't believe anyone would go out of their way to rig a little online poll!! Pathetic!!
Maybe your just jealous by the fact that maybe others favor L.A. over NYC? Seriously,NYC can't win everything and not everyone thinks it's the best city ever! If you honestly thing that; get out more....please.

Old 06-16-2008, 07:08 PM

149 posts, read 155,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Maybe your just jealous by the fact that maybe others favor L.A. over NYC? Seriously,NYC can't win everything and not everyone thinks it's the best city ever! If you honestly thing that; get out more....please.
Who are you and where have you been? I should get out more? Um, I've been to New York (of course), Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston, Atlanta, DC, Miami, San Fransisco, San Diego, Houston, Dallas, Las Vegas, London, Paris, Madrid, Cape Town, Zurich, Prague, Berlin, Milan, Rome, Barcelona and Amsterdam and small towns in between. Get out more???!!

Is NYC the best city in the United States of America? Yes.

Best city in the world? Well, that's debatable.

I haven't been to Hong Kong or Sydney but I've been out A LOT. To me, as cliché as it sounds, the best cities in the world are New York, Paris and Tokyo. In the United States, I like New York, Chicago, San Fransisco.

Last edited by soho111; 06-16-2008 at 07:20 PM..

Old 06-16-2008, 07:15 PM

15,989 posts, read 30,752,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soho111 View Post
I should get out more? Um, I've been to New York (of course), Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston, Atlanta, Miami, San Fransisco, San Diego, Houston, Dallas, Las Vegas, London, Paris, Madrid, Cape Town, Berlin, Milan, Rome, Barcelona and Amsterdam. Get out more???!!

NYC the best city in the country? Yes.

Best city in the world? Well, that's debatable.

I haven't been to Hong Kong or Sydney but I've been out A LOT. To me, as cliché as it sounds, the best cities in the world are New York, Paris and Tokyo.
By the way you act; I wouldn't be able to tell.

I picked Houston {I was biased} But, I seriously think LA has had the greatest influence on the U.S.A. IF we were speaking as of now, Atlanta would have more influence on the US than NYC.

Old 06-16-2008, 07:15 PM

2,498 posts, read 10,305,382 times
Best city is very different than influential. This isn't about what is best. San Francisco for example often tops the lists of one of the best cities to live in America, yet I wouldn't call it the most influential. Influential does not mean best and best does not mean influential.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.