U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Greatest influence on the U.S.A.
New York City 62 36.05%
Los Angeles 63 36.63%
Chicago 4 2.33%
Boston 3 1.74%
Milwaukee 0 0%
Seattle 0 0%
Portland, OR 0 0%
San Fransisco 1 0.58%
San Diego 0 0%
Denver 0 0%
Phoenix 0 0%
Houston 9 5.23%
Dallas/Fort Worth 5 2.91%
Philadelphia 3 1.74%
Pittsburgh 2 1.16%
Detroit 5 2.91%
Minneapolis/St. paul 0 0%
Other Nation 6 3.49%
other (please state) 9 5.23%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 02:32 PM

1,020 posts, read 3,069,248 times

Advertisements

I voted other for Europe. I think European power elites have successfully sabotaged the United States over the centuries. Constantly working at the US, undermining its policy, constitution, and peoples will to fight wars for them. Then denounce those same wars publicly. Lastly the US has been divided and put up for sale among European corporations and the bonds sold off to pseudo enemies.

We have modern day European Crusaders. From the ricefields(Korea) or whatever, to the jungles(Vietnam), and to the deserts(Afghanistan, Iraq). Just like back in the old west days. Except now the war games are larger, they have more military toys, and a much more effective propaganda machine.

When the King of Spain is financing a privately owned highway right through your backyard, and your parks are designated "world" sites you know you've been taken to the cleaners.

Last edited by the_pines; 06-22-2008 at 02:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2008, 04:07 AM

1,423 posts, read 4,231,801 times
see look at this **** just becuz la is winning now new yorkers are trippin why cant yorkers just let la win in one category jees la wins in influentical and now yorkers are going crazy la wins staright up and steve-o shut up u freaking anti california and LA person so swim in lake michigon nyc is way bettr then ciago and chicago copied nyc so please shut up

Old 07-14-2008, 09:41 AM

20,005 posts, read 69,423,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californialove24 View Post
see look at this **** just becuz la is winning now new yorkers are trippin why cant yorkers just let la win in one category jees la wins in influentical and now yorkers are going crazy la wins staright up and steve-o shut up u freaking anti california and LA person so swim in lake michigon nyc is way bettr then ciago and chicago copied nyc so please shut up
In English please.

And why the hate? I dont like L.A., so what?

And if you hate me so much, why did you request me as a friend???? lol

Old 07-14-2008, 10:00 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,321,074 times
NYC by a landslide.
The question was influence.
LA's influence centers around Hollywood, which in my opinion, is embarassing. The fact that there are many people who are influenced by Hollywood is a sign of our societal woes.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:42 AM

98 posts, read 90,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californialove24 View Post
What? Translate that in English, please.

If you weren't aware, this poll was rigged by an LA idiot. Funny, even with the 25+ false votes for Los Angeles, New York is still very close and would be winning by a lot if some desperate fool did not cheat.

Old 07-14-2008, 06:01 PM

304 posts, read 829,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
NYC by a landslide.
The question was influence.
LA's influence centers around Hollywood, which in my opinion, is embarassing. The fact that there are many people who are influenced by Hollywood is a sign of our societal woes.
wtf do you want it to center around

im sure you just so intellectual that you come home from work and check out how the stock market is doing or what broadway shows are coming up right

no, you probably turn on your tv like most americans and watch US

you hear people talk like US

californians >>> you

Old 07-26-2008, 07:11 PM

980 posts, read 2,909,355 times
NYC = Financial
LA = Entertainment

Old 07-28-2008, 12:14 PM

6,488 posts, read 16,161,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineKnownAsLosAngeles View Post
wtf do you want it to center around

im sure you just so intellectual that you come home from work and check out how the stock market is doing or what broadway shows are coming up right

no, you probably turn on your tv like most americans and watch US

you hear people talk like US

californians >>> you
I hear people talk like they're from Iowa. That's the accent everyone wants to have these days. I suppose Des Moines should be an option on this poll.

Old 07-28-2008, 05:28 PM

1,178 posts, read 3,441,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerichoHW View Post
I am putting forward a new thread on the greatest influence in the USA as it seems the other was a little flawed.
No Atlanta, when it has its own cable empire and is home to Coca-Cola, UPS, Home Depot, Georgia-Pacific as well as many other big corporations? Weird. I'll take it that it was an oversight?

Old 07-28-2008, 06:44 PM

980 posts, read 2,909,355 times
Sorry about not putting atlanta or DC. I completly blanked when making the poll. But it is still more fair then just the old one with NYC and LA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.