U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 03:43 AM

13,223 posts, read 17,966,293 times

Advertisements

Sikeston, MO has Lambert's Cafe!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 04:37 AM

9,433 posts, read 18,339,314 times
-Spokane: nice downtown, offers lots of ammenities for its size as its a regional hub city for E-WA, N-ID, & W-MT. Close to some of the most beautiful lakes in the country in Northern Idaho and close to mountains with lots of recreational opportunities.

-Boise: Nice sunny dry four season climate and close to world class skiing at Sun Valley, nice downtown too. Very clean city and who doesn't love Idaho potatos?

-Reno: Near Lake Tahoe & the Sierras

-Salt Lake City: World class skiing and winter sports, stunning setting, good transit system, clean downtown with ambitious development happening, very nice and updated modern freeway system, overall good infrastructure and a promising future ahead.

(did Albuquerque on a previous post)

-El Paso: at least it isn't Juarez. Great BBQ & Mexican food, good weather, like most big cities in Texas it has impressive giant freeways.

-Tulsa: ummm... welll... uhhh... let me get back to you on that.

-Kansas City: seems to be attracting artists from what I hear. Good BBQ

-Cincinnati: classic river city, cool looking bridges

-Buffalo: Wings, close to Niagara Falls and Toronto

-Rochester: on a big lake, and ummm.... see Buffalo

-Hartford (CT): The Connecticut statehouse is the most architecturally impressive one in the US in my opinion, nice skyline for a medium sized city, 2 hours to NYC and 2 hours to Boston, nice hilly suburbs and some exceptional affluent ones (West Hartford).

-Savannah (GA): This city already gets a lot of love, hardly ever hear anything negative about it, who said it was ignored? Some of the most remarkably beautiful architecture in the country and soul food. Coastal city close to beaches. Definitely one of the better cities to put your drinking cap on.

-Memphis: My date of birth is on Elvis' tombstone at Graceland, will likely visit someday and chow down on some ribs. Beale Street looks pretty fun in the pics posted.

Last edited by Desert_SW_77; 11-08-2011 at 04:52 AM..

Old 11-08-2011, 12:51 PM

9,470 posts, read 12,314,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radraja View Post
We already have a thread going where people can compliment the frequently-bashed cities. So I though I'd start another one where people can say nice things about frequently-ignored cities that tend to be overlooked all-together.

Choose a city (or two, or however many you want) from the list and give them compliments.

Some frequently-ignored cities:
-Spokane
-Boise
-Reno
-Salt Lake City
-Albuquerque
-El Paso
-Tulsa
-Kansas City
-Cincinnati
-Buffalo
-Rochester
-Hartford (CT)
-Savannah (GA)
-Memphis

Might have missed some. I just worked my way across the map.
Some frequently-ignored cities:
-Spokane-Never been to Spokane Washington
-Boise-Never been to Boise Idahoe
-Reno- Reno is the WORLDS biggest little city and acts like it.
-Salt Lake City-SLC has a mountain backdrop like LOS ANGELES & Anchorage Alaska , Portland Oregon , Seattle WA , San Diego CA
-Albuquerque-Albuquerque NM is a very cool town with it's Route 66 , I always spend a day or two there own my Interstate 40 cross country drive from California to Oklahoma or farther eastward.
-El Paso-I always go SOUTH OF THE BORDER when I visit El Paso and El Paso has the Cheapest Motels in AMERICA
-Tulsa-TULSA is the most underrated city in AMERICA , because it has (5) WORLD CLASS Attractions and is under 1 Million for the Metro Area.....
BOK Center | Tulsa World

BOK, Cain's get high scores for attendance | Tulsa World

Pointe magazine
Culture is very much alive and well in Tulsa, where you will find two world-renowned museums like the Gilcrease Museum which preserves and studies American art and history, and the Philbrook Museum, one of only five museums in the country presenting a combination of a historical home, gardens and art collections. The world-class Tulsa Ballet is often ranked in the top five in America. Dozens of local venues offer live music throughout the week and the new BOK Center hosts major concerts, too.

Philbrook.org

Gilcrease Museum - Tulsa, Oklahoma

Tulsa is currently developing it's " River Park " into a World Class Attraction. Tulsa River Parks - Home
-Kansas City- Kansas City is the Second most underrated city in AMERICA right behind Tulsa , with all of it's Fountains & Statues & Monument it only comes in Second To Paris France.
-Cincinnati-Never Been There
-Buffalo-Never Been There
-Rochester-Never Been there
-Hartford (CT)-May have past thur on my way to New England...IDK
-Savannah (GA)-The Architecture is GREAT , GREATER , GREATEST.
-Memphis-Memphis has got SOUL and is one of the most dangerous city in America.
-Charleston SC-See what I said about Savannah GA Above and apply it to Charleston SC
-Oklahoma City-OKLAHOMA CITY is probably America 3rd most Underrated City in America with BRICKTOWN , DEVON TOWER , OKC THUNDER , OK RIVER , CORE TO SHORE it has past up Tulsa as Oklahoma Most Dominate City. Oklahoma City Bricktown - Welcome to Bricktown OKC web site

imagiNATIVEamerica.com » Skyline Ink “Core to Shore” Animation

oklahoma city devon tower - Google Search

Old 11-08-2011, 04:52 PM

1,998 posts, read 3,035,066 times
Default Food in denver!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Denver... Though not very "ignored," but I have noticed that in a conversation about food, Denver next to never gets brought up......... HOWEVER, I MUST SAY (for all you Colorado folks out there!) YOUR STATE FREAK'N ROCKS!!!

The FOOD IS AMAZING!!! I LOVE the food in Denver!!!! I would get SOOOO FAT with clogged up arteries full of Bison burgers, elk steaks and just some of the BEST BEEF I've ever tasted outside of Austin EVER!!! The food is so good, it was enough to make me fall in love with that place...

I'm a steak man, and Colorado chefs KNOW HOW to cook a steak RIGHT!!! And the confirmation was that I've been to Colorado several times and I've NEVER been let down... (now, I'm sure there are some terrible chefs around town somewhere there, but I haven't come across 1 yet). And it didn't even matter whether I was in Denver, Boulder, Steamboat, Colorado Springs, Breckenridge, Vail or Beaver Creek, the food was ALWAYS SO GOOD I had a moment while eating... Almost nothing like a good Bacon & Bleu Cheese Bison Burger!!!

OH!!! And to go to Denver and not visit Snooze for at least ONE breakfast to have their PINEAPPLE UPSIDE-DOWN PANCAKES and a Denver Bloody Mary is almost sacreligious!!! That has (after I discovered the glory that is Snooze during my 3rd visit) become my 1st stop after landing in Denver. Step One: Arrive in airport. Rent car. Drive to Snooze!

The food in Denver has been SO GOOD to me, I started searching for an "I Love Denver" T-Shirt (AND found it at a store on 16th Street!)

Photo Credit Link: The Top 100 List: #65 Snooze’s “Pineapple Upside Down Pancake” | Must Eat Denver

Snooze's PINEAPPLE UPSIDE-DOWN PANCAKE (Topped with cinnamon butter and a vanilla cream topping)

Old 11-08-2011, 05:21 PM

4,155 posts, read 4,486,196 times
Tulsa seems like a good place to be from.

Old 11-08-2011, 06:30 PM

4,112 posts, read 3,823,858 times
Salisbury, NC:
Has a very nice historic core & train station.

Charlottesville, VA:
Yet another college town with a wonderful downtown area. Underrated city.

Old 11-08-2011, 06:45 PM

56,107 posts, read 54,597,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
-Spokane: nice downtown, offers lots of ammenities for its size as its a regional hub city for E-WA, N-ID, & W-MT. Close to some of the most beautiful lakes in the country in Northern Idaho and close to mountains with lots of recreational opportunities.

-Boise: Nice sunny dry four season climate and close to world class skiing at Sun Valley, nice downtown too. Very clean city and who doesn't love Idaho potatos?

-Reno: Near Lake Tahoe & the Sierras

-Salt Lake City: World class skiing and winter sports, stunning setting, good transit system, clean downtown with ambitious development happening, very nice and updated modern freeway system, overall good infrastructure and a promising future ahead.

(did Albuquerque on a previous post)

-El Paso: at least it isn't Juarez. Great BBQ & Mexican food, good weather, like most big cities in Texas it has impressive giant freeways.

-Tulsa: ummm... welll... uhhh... let me get back to you on that.

-Kansas City: seems to be attracting artists from what I hear. Good BBQ

-Cincinnati: classic river city, cool looking bridges

-Buffalo: Wings, close to Niagara Falls and Toronto

-Rochester: on a big lake, and ummm.... see Buffalo

-Hartford (CT): The Connecticut statehouse is the most architecturally impressive one in the US in my opinion, nice skyline for a medium sized city, 2 hours to NYC and 2 hours to Boston, nice hilly suburbs and some exceptional affluent ones (West Hartford).

-Savannah (GA): This city already gets a lot of love, hardly ever hear anything negative about it, who said it was ignored? Some of the most remarkably beautiful architecture in the country and soul food. Coastal city close to beaches. Definitely one of the better cities to put your drinking cap on.

-Memphis: My date of birth is on Elvis' tombstone at Graceland, will likely visit someday and chow down on some ribs. Beale Street looks pretty fun in the pics posted.
I agree about Savannah getting a lot of love. I've always wanted to visit it, and even before Midnight in The Garden of Good and Evil came out. Hey, that made a Savannah cemetery famous. The movie's good, but the book really tells you more about Savannah itself.

Old 11-08-2011, 06:49 PM

1,029 posts, read 2,571,362 times
Wichita has a good cost of living, light traffic and not too far away from larger cities of KC, OKC and Tulsa.

Old 11-08-2011, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
Tulsa seems like a good place to be from.
Yeah I left Tulsa in 1976 and the last time that I made it back was 2003 for my father Home Going...California messed up my vacations and old school road trips back home LOL....

Old 11-13-2011, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knrstz View Post
Wichita has a good cost of living, light traffic and not too far away from larger cities of KC, OKC and Tulsa.
Wichita is highly Underrated if you ask me , andI love it in the " summer time " one more thing before I go " pound per pound " for it's size Wichita packs more Punch than Oklahoma City , Tulsa , Kansas City.

INTRUST Bank Arena

Go Wichita Convention and Visitors Bureau

Wichita Architecture - Wichita Attractions - Frank Llyod Wright Proudfood Bird Allen-Lambe House Architecture Historic - 360Wichita.com

360Wichita.com - Wichita Kansas Entertainment Directory Wichita Restaurants Kansas Attractions

Exploration Place - Home

The Orpheum Home

Last edited by Howest2008; 11-13-2011 at 04:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or