U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 11:32 PM

4,552 posts, read 13,453,515 times

Advertisements

I know Arizona sucks but Flagstaff is a nice little city, Its about the only place I like in Arizona.What about Salt Lake City?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2008, 11:46 PM

11,877 posts, read 32,904,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogre View Post
As with Asheville, it depends how you feel about college towns, which have such a distinct character that many people will likely either really like them or really dislike them, without a lot of middle ground in their feelings. If college towns work for you, I'd suggest putting Bloomington, IN, and Morgantown, WV, on your list of possibilities.
I don't disagree with your recommendations, but I just wanted to point out that Asheville is not a college town. It does have a small branch of UNC there and a community college, but it's hardly a college town like Charlottesville, Bloomington, or Morgantown.

Old 06-19-2008, 01:38 AM

2,502 posts, read 8,047,857 times
Bloomington, IN may get too cold for someone who doesn't like the cold and snow.

I'd suggest maybe Dallas-Fort Worth. It's close enough to Austin to visit on occasion, and since it's inland from the gulf, it won't be as humid as costal cities.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:45 AM

14,874 posts, read 37,249,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radraja View Post
Bloomington, IN may get too cold for someone who doesn't like the cold and snow.

I'd suggest maybe Dallas-Fort Worth. It's close enough to Austin to visit on occasion, and since it's inland from the gulf, it won't be as humid as costal cities.
I've already suggested Dallas or Ft Worth but for a smaller town though there are some alternatives if the OP would take a smaller town/city. I'm basing ALL of my requests on these facts:
1. The OP's line of work and skills
2. The real estate economy
3. The overall economy which GREATLY affects his job

Here are some more alternatives:
Fredricksburg, Tx
Bryan - College Station, TX
Waco, TX
San Angelo, Tx
New Braunfels, TX

Old 06-19-2008, 02:20 PM

8 posts, read 37,255 times
Thanks for the suggestions

However I realized right after posting this, (this is going to come off like an odd comment to a lot of people) but one day soon my phone is going to ring and when it does I'll know where I am going and be there in a hurry. Don't need to find it prior. After that expect to hear some major excited words from me (I even plan on building a house/shop on some land after I move, buying a house to live in the mean time though). Almost 15 years ago the words where spoken "what are the chances of that happening?" to my family and I when the crap hit the fan, the day has finally come where they will be spoken again in a good way

This is the weirdest move I've ever had (and I've done this almost a dozen times), but I'm excited.

Thanks for the input again

Old 06-19-2008, 02:23 PM

2,502 posts, read 8,047,857 times
Potential job offers? Which cities did you apply in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.