U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 01:39 PM

8,193 posts, read 22,333,621 times

Advertisements

This subject cracks me up because there is always some American who tries to refute this fact. Granted, not everyone in America is overweight and you do see chubby people in Europe (yes, I have been on a few occasions) but the number of severely obese people in Europe pale in comparison to the amounts that you see here.

Old 06-21-2008, 02:08 PM

6,967 posts, read 18,213,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeevcy View Post
American girls - big boobs (all those beer and fries). European girls - small boobs (all the smoking has reduced it to the extent of flat chested)
that was worth a thousand points, but i guess i can only give you one or something like that...

but eff yeah......... hilarious

Old 06-21-2008, 02:19 PM

15,371 posts, read 34,665,405 times
We're safe.....the Aussies are now the worlds phatest country ...guess they aren't doin enough waltzin lately.....

Old 06-21-2008, 02:57 PM

433 posts, read 2,172,683 times
Many Americans are incredibly fat. You notice it more when coming back from other countries. This place is the Land of the Porkers. Whole families of huge blimps navigating the stores with greasy food sticking out of their wide, fat faces. Even some of the kids look like they're close to 200 pounds.

We're sure not underfed here in the USA. In fact, the people living off welfare are probably fatter than the rest of us.

I see now that some US airlines are charging $15 bucks to check in a suitcase. I wish they would instead just put a big digital scale to weigh everyone at the gates and charge them by the tonnage instead. Watch all the fatties line up and the crowd can guess the weight surcharge for each. Frankly, I'm getting tired of rolls of fat extending into half my seat when I travel.

Old 06-21-2008, 03:08 PM

835 posts, read 2,084,423 times
I think the reason The South is fatter statistically is because of the foods people consume here. I could be wrong though. But statistically, The South is fatter. I do know that. (South Carolina is the 5th fattest.)

Old 06-21-2008, 03:13 PM

384 posts, read 867,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsnkali View Post
Many Americans are incredibly fat. You notice it more when coming back from other countries. This place is the Land of the Porkers. Whole families of huge blimps navigating the stores with greasy food sticking out of their wide, fat faces. Even some of the kids look like they're close to 200 pounds.

We're sure not underfed here in the USA. In fact, the people living off welfare are probably fatter than the rest of us.

I see now that some US airlines are charging $15 bucks to check in a suitcase. I wish they would instead just put a big digital scale to weigh everyone at the gates and charge them by the tonnage instead. Watch all the fatties line up and the crowd can guess the weight surcharge for each. Frankly, I'm getting tired of rolls of fat extending into half my seat when I travel.

Airlines have the right to charge for two seats if someone is deemed obese. I think that only Southwest Airlines has actually carried this practice out though. I am not sure of the results.

Old 06-21-2008, 04:25 PM

763 posts, read 3,226,020 times
We have a lot of fat people here, that's why. We drive everywhere, we have drive-thrus everywhere, we eat junk food and no one walks unless you live in one of our major cities. Miami, NYC, Chicago, DC or San Francisco. Everywhere else you either drive, or have few options to walk around.

Old 06-21-2008, 04:49 PM

3,340 posts, read 8,706,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthNJ View Post
Why do people in other countries think that Americans are fat.
If you for example go to Europe and ask them what they are thinking about when saying ''America'' ... 99% would say Fat people, fast food etc.

LOL! It's true
I hope you have fun in Canada where everyone is skinny, they use the metric system, there are only white people, have summer jobs, there are no trees and they increase gas prices regularly.

Moving to Canada, why? They use METRIC SYSTEM!!!

City free from non-white people

No summer jobs :(

Soo many trees in NJ

Increase the gas price!!

Remember these NJ? All threads started by you.

Old 06-21-2008, 04:52 PM

4,382 posts, read 15,325,746 times
^^ ahahaha good post

Old 06-21-2008, 04:54 PM

3,340 posts, read 8,706,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiam View Post
^^ Ahahaha Good Post
:d
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.