U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 04:55 PM

3,340 posts, read 8,705,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiam View Post
^^ Ahahaha Good Post

Old 06-21-2008, 07:35 PM

5,721 posts, read 9,088,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ne View Post
I hope you have fun in Canada where everyone is skinny, they use the metric system, there are only white people, have summer jobs, there are no trees and they increase gas prices regularly.

Moving to Canada, why? They use METRIC SYSTEM!!!

City free from non-white people

No summer jobs :(

Soo many trees in NJ

Increase the gas price!!

Remember these NJ? All threads started by you.
Correction. Canada is hardly a white only country. I suggest you visit the cities and towns of Canada from coast to coast before making an inaccurate statement like this. Canada is filled with immigrants from other countries especially Asia, eh. And most of Canada has substantially more trees than the state of Nebraska.

Old 06-21-2008, 09:05 PM

86,996 posts, read 102,581,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
Obesity among American youth is especially bad and awful in adults. Two examples:

http://www.iom.edu/Object.File/Master/22/606/FINALfactsandfigures2.pdf (broken link)

Obesity plateaus among children- OregonLive.com

Kids don't get out to play anymore thanks to a more sedentary lifestyle due to TV, computers and school lock downs. Some schools don't even allow outdoor recess anymore for fear the kids will get hurt.
The schools are hardly locked down on a regular basis. Most kids out here in Colorado are involved in sports, therefore, get plenty of exercise. I work in a pediatarician's office and we have very few overweight kids. Lots of overweight parents, though!

Old 06-21-2008, 09:38 PM

5,721 posts, read 9,088,192 times
Granted, not every school system is going to the lock down route. But more and more schools are no longer letting the kids outside to play for recess. I've even read that some schools are no longer even offering recess. Here in KC there are a lot of lard lads and lasses waddling about due to their daily stops at fast food joints and lack of exercise. Bad parenting is partially to blame. No wonder America is getting so blubbery.

Colorado along with Connecticut typically rank at the top of the heap for public health fitness. Denver I believe is the fittest city in the nation. In each state, we enjoy our outdoor activities year round.

Old 06-21-2008, 10:56 PM

485 posts, read 1,771,903 times
Quote:
I hope you have fun in Canada where everyone is skinny, they use the metric system, there are only white people, have summer jobs, there are no trees and they increase gas prices regularly.

Soo many trees in NJ

Increase the gas price!!

ROFLMAO...deserves a rep.

Old 06-21-2008, 10:59 PM

2,818 posts, read 5,818,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthNJ View Post
Why do people in other countries think that Americans are fat.
If you for example go to Europe and ask them what they are thinking about when saying ''America'' ... 99% would say Fat people, fast food etc.

LOL! It's true

Overhere in New Zealand that is kind of right in what you say, mostly because there are various news articles about obestety and what not, I myself tho know better, and when I visited South Lake Tahoe/Reno in December I can't recall seeing many fat people.

Old 06-21-2008, 11:02 PM

2,348 posts, read 3,924,267 times
Come out to east Tennessee! You will find almost everyone is fat. 9 out of 10 times the ones that are not fat are not from here.

Old 06-21-2008, 11:07 PM

2,348 posts, read 3,924,267 times
Quote:

Soo many trees in NJ

Increase the gas price!!

Everyone is skinny in Canada? Must be nice!

Who cares what measuring system they use?

Only white people? What happened to everyone else? Is the Chinatown section of Calgary gone? I hope not because there is a good place to eat there.

Summer jobs only? Must be nice to work so little and have enough money to live off of for the rest of the year. or maybe they don't and they are all starving and thats why they are all skinny?

No trees in Canada! What the heck happened to all of them? I was just up there in December, they took them all away?

Increase gas prices! No way! And I thought that it was only an American thing. Copy cats!

Old 06-22-2008, 12:22 PM

2,502 posts, read 8,049,058 times
I think the poster of that post was being sarcastic....

Old 06-22-2008, 02:21 PM

854 posts, read 2,527,498 times

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.