U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 11:10 AM

11,170 posts, read 22,361,018 times

Advertisements

throw them off your balcony with notes attached to them as a warning to the others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2008, 02:19 PM

2,927 posts, read 7,571,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
Don't even try. If you **** them off, they will eat you (and your soul).
What movie have you been watching??

Old 06-22-2008, 12:29 AM

20,005 posts, read 69,384,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
Don't even try. If you **** them off, they will eat you (and your soul).
With all the ridiculous wives-tales surrounding poor spiders, your statement will be believable to many. Trust me. I can see it now.... some 16 year old girl will Google spiders next week and will run across your post and proclaim to all her friends that she found a "soul eating spider" in her bedroom, and all her friends will say "ewwwwww, I, like, had one of those too and ewwwww". Then they'll send out an email to all their friends telling them to check their bedsheets before bedtime to make sure no "soul eating spiders" are in there. Then the email will freak people out on a mass scale and the email will circulate like wildfire. I can see it now.

Kinda reminds me of the stupid "toilet spider" email that went around (and still is actually going around) a few years ago. People actually believed there was a spider that hid in toilet seats and bit you on your bum, causing instant death. I dont know whats funnier, the rumor itself or the idiots who believed it. LMBO To make things even funnier was the fact that the image attached to the email was of a completely harmless jumping spider. Of the 10s of thousands of spider species on earth, I can think of only 3 (!!!!!!!!) that are POTENTIALLY fatal: the black widow (Latrodectus spp), Brazilian wandering spider and the Sydney funnel web spider. Thats it.

Old 05-12-2015, 09:41 AM

1 posts, read 768 times
Sorry, I know this reply is late..but I stumbled upon your post while researching pest control and wanted to add my two cents of advice. I've experienced similar problems with spiders lurking around and building their webs outside my windows. I used to drive myself nuts thinking.."why am I the only one with this problem??" after seeing my neighbors' windows completely spider-free. I finally figured out what was going on..
I've always been a night owl. I like to stay up late reading, playing xbox, cleaning, etc. and I'm really bad about leaving all the lights on. I'm sure it's no big secret that flying insects (especially nocturnal ones) are attracted to this light and senselessly fly towards it...
Which ultimately made my apt windows a perfect location for spiders to set their traps and catch their prey. Most spiders are nocturnal hunters and know how to use light to their advantage. As soon as I caught on to this idea, I started taking better care to turn my lights off at night. I also bought "blackout" curtains for my bedroom so I could stay up late and read. I haven't had window spiders since
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.