Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2009, 06:51 PM

14 posts, read 51,834 times

Advertisements

Hello - I live in the northwest Atlanta suburbs and am looking to relocate to a nice small town or city suburb somewhere in Alabama, South Carolina, North Carolina or Florida. I am looking for a lower cost home - under $150, pretty area where people keep up their homes and property, low crime and lower cost of living and property taxes. I would even consider another area of Georgia.

If anyone on this board lives in such an area, please let me know where and why you love it. Thanks for your input in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2009, 12:51 PM

6,294 posts, read 10,997,727 times
My Godmother and her husband moved to a small town located between Winston-Salem and Greensboro in North Carolina in the early 1990's. It's called Kernersville. There is an ample supply of houses for sale under 150k, the crime is low and the area is family friendly. While I have not been there personally, I do know that they were very happy there (she's since passed on but he still lives there) and found the people to be easy to get along with despite being transplants from Connecticut.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.