U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 12:32 PM

29 posts, read 43,257 times
Thanks.. I was wondering. As a Bulgarian can I join the Marines ? Can you give me some info about them ? How can ( if I can ) I join them? Where do I have to go? What do I have to do? What are their benefits? How long can you serve the Marine Corps? I'm asking because it's my child dream to become a marine ! But to go to USA i have to take a lot of money from a bank and I need a job that is gonna be enough to pay my rent/food/clothes etc. and pay back the bank loan! I've heard that Marines take a great salary. If I join the Marines it's gonna be like this: My dream will come true! And i will not have to worry about money! If thing don't go this way ( joining the USMC ) can u give me some info on the Boston jobs? Which jobs has high salary, which has average, which has low. What kind of a job will you suggest me to work? Next year when I plan to move to USA I'll finish high school. And I just need information so I can start a normal life in USA. Please help! Give me information. Tell me how things are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2008, 12:42 PM

3,856 posts, read 4,716,873 times
Considering that I've heard the US Army is actually taking illegal immigrants into our military I suspect you'd have a shot at getting into at least the US Army. Not sure about the Marines.

Here is the official recruiting website for the US Marines. Try calling them, explain your situation and see what they say. If that does not look like it is possible then get back with us for additional information about where to go.

United States Marine Corps

I will say this. If you are just finishing up high school you will not be able to find a high paying job in Boston. You will need a college degree in a particular field in order to get a good paying job.

Old 06-24-2008, 01:42 PM

I can't call them. It's way tooooooooooo expensive to call from Bulgaria to USA !!

Quote:
I will say this. If you are just finishing up high school you will not be able to find a high paying job in Boston. You will need a college degree in a particular field in order to get a good paying job.
What kind of a salary has those "good paying jobs" give me some examples. Without college degree can I find a job for a salary from $2000 to $3000 ? Or less? And if I have a college degree what kind of a job should I be looking for to take at least $2000-$3000 salary ? Thanks!

Old 06-24-2008, 01:48 PM

3,856 posts, read 4,716,873 times
I just checked the website and it has a form that you can fill out requesting more information. Apparently they will contact you to talk once they have a chance to examine the form you send on their website.

Old 06-24-2008, 01:55 PM

Thanks!

Old 06-24-2008, 01:59 PM

2,502 posts, read 5,587,809 times
Oh, and if you're interested in college, Boston has TONS of colleges.

And really good schools for the kids.

Old 06-24-2008, 02:11 PM

Yeah but? What kind of scores from high school will I need to go to a good college in Boston ? Please give more info on colleges.

Old 06-24-2008, 02:16 PM

2,502 posts, read 5,587,809 times
There's a wide range of schools....everything from open-admissions 2-year colleges (that accept everyone), to mildly competitive 4-years (that accept almost everyone), to highly competitives (like Harvard).

UMass Boston is a 4-year that accepts almost everyone, for example.

Here's a full list:
Boston: Colleges and Universities

Old 06-24-2008, 03:03 PM

605 posts, read 1,634,357 times
What kind of visa do you plan on coming over with?

If you can't afford to make a phone call to the U.S. how will you afford a plane ticket?

What bank is going to give you a loan, and how did you arrive at that amount anyway?

Have you really thought this through?

Old 06-24-2008, 03:09 PM

Don't you worry about the plane ticket and the loan... I'm just gathering information that's all ! I'm gonna come to USA with Green Card.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.