U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 06:28 PM

605 posts, read 2,220,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallk3r View Post
Don't you worry about the plane ticket and the loan... I'm just gathering information that's all ! I'm gonna come to USA with Green Card.
Sorry - didn't realize that both you and your friend each have at least one American parent.

Or have you both won the DV lottery????

I'm not sure you're gathering the right information...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2008, 06:32 PM

2,502 posts, read 8,052,913 times
If he's going to college in the US, he can probably get a study visa.

Old 06-25-2008, 12:22 AM

29 posts, read 61,276 times
Well I plan to go to Boston College. I know it's expensive but... good is good right? .. If I don't get a green card.. yes I'll get a study visa. I've been searching info on Boston College. Do you know the average costs of the college? The education, campus etc. costs ?

Old 06-25-2008, 05:01 AM

605 posts, read 2,220,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallk3r View Post
Well I plan to go to Boston College. I know it's expensive but... good is good right? .. If I don't get a green card.. yes I'll get a study visa. I've been searching info on Boston College. Do you know the average costs of the college? The education, campus etc. costs ?
Yes, college is different - no green card (yet..) but visas in order to study are potentially available.

Unless there is some kind of sponsorship you qualify for then college fees can be high. These will vary from college to college, state to state, and may be the main driver of where you move from the sounds of it.

I would suggest that you contact one college to begin with (they'll all have websites and e-mail addresses) and find out how much the fees would be given your circumstances and what you want to study. This will give you a ball park figure from which to start comparing in addition to giving you a first insight as to whether this plan will be at all feasible to you from a financial perspective. If the college deals with a lot of foreign students they may also have basic visa advice for you. Would suggest that you also research student visas separately at the same time so you build up your knowledge about those too (Google USCIS to start with).

Old 10-23-2008, 12:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,111 times
Default come to get your loan today

We are arom loan company ,we are here to offer you any type of loan you which to .
we offer small loan interest rate.which is affordable 3% Per Annul interest rate.
Note: That funding can happen sooner than the expected time depending on the response
speed of the clients and provision of the necessary requirements.
we here to offer you this loan .

for moor information contact

aromloan@yahoo.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or