U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 09:54 PM

480 posts, read 2,115,267 times

Advertisements

I left my heart in Seattle, WA.

I am from NC, and would be happy to never to return there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2008, 12:57 AM

303 posts, read 764,396 times
Happy in California, unhappy in Texas.

Old 06-24-2008, 06:47 AM

45 posts, read 179,740 times
Born in NJ - mixed feelings about the state, generally dislike - but there are some great areas, if you can afford them
Oregon - loved every minute of it
Pennsylvania, specifically Philly - a big, resounding BLEEEEEECHHHH, never to return
Delaware - so-so, getting less so as the state gets more built up

Old 06-24-2008, 06:52 AM

22 posts, read 95,175 times
i have lived in south florida all my life....both in miami and ft. lauderdale, and i absolutely LOVE IT. it is an amazing place to live especially if u love the water and partying

Old 06-24-2008, 10:43 AM

769 posts, read 2,011,158 times
I've been happy in the area just a few miles above Chicago, in Illinois. I've also been unhappy in Texas, particularly Dallas and El Paso.

Old 06-24-2008, 10:48 AM

845 posts, read 2,480,994 times
I was happy living in Florida and Georgia. Cant wait to get out of Oregon.

Old 06-24-2008, 11:13 AM

4,739 posts, read 7,558,694 times
Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Panama City Beach and Daytona Beach were all great, Love the people and lifestyle. Longbeach CA was cool, great bunch of people, Salem Oregon was ok if you like a constant drizzle, Fort Collins Colorado was great, intelligent crowd and plenty to do, Tybe Island was nice, different laid back beach but some nice people, Macon Ga was not my style nor was Albany Ga, Port Jervice NY was and is a boarded up old railroad town with nothing to do but I liked the people, Long Island people are great and still enjoy visits, again the beach is different but not in a bad way. West Jefferson NC is a scary little whole, people suck and I would never visit again if not for property I own, Crossville TN was a good memory while living in Fairfield Glade, people from all over the country living there, neat place. Dunlap TN, scary little town with nothing to do, Bristol TN, only thing that would be more campy is if they brought in tumbleweed so they would know that fat lady already sang and has left the building.

Old 06-24-2008, 11:35 AM

1,353 posts, read 3,204,706 times
When it comes to the USA, happy most of all in Washington DC. I'm partial to urban areas because I get bored very easily living in rural/suburban areas.

Even though I never lived there for an extended period of time, I found the Atlanta suburbs pretty dull. I love visiting the Southwest, New Mexico/West Texas, but would never live there.

Old 06-24-2008, 05:07 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,463,780 times
Grew up in Michigan. Live in Pennsylvania now. Both states are nice in my opinion.

Old 06-24-2008, 05:32 PM

2,498 posts, read 10,289,503 times
I was happy where we lived, but that doesn't mean I liked where I lived. I got past the negatives of where we lived and did my best to make friends and get to know the cities. I was happy but I wasn't necessarily happy with the cities themselves.

California: Love it and am currently here, but occasionally frustrating
Texas: Very very different culturally than anywhere I have lived, but I was in a small town. Never lived in a place where the town literally shuts down for a high school football game. The people were nice and invited us over for dinner and we enjoyed living there but small town life wasn't for me. The bugs were huge.
Florida: My least favorite. Pensacola seemed tacky to me and the heat and humidity was too much. People were nice enough, occasional red necks, but nice people. I hated dripping in sweat and going to a community pool for relief only to find the pool was just as hot as the air and full of 60 screaming children. Didn't like swimming at the beach and having people fish for sharks at that very beach!!
Arizona: It was ok. The heat is horrible, but better than Pensacola's. We had a nice house and met nice people but everything felt so temporary. Everyone seemed to settle on living there because it was cheap. Loved being at the river though. We had a lot of fun owning a boat there early on in our marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.