U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 06:55 PM

210 posts, read 1,064,345 times

Advertisements

New Jersey was great. Acces to NYC, Philly, and the beach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 10:27 AM

5 posts, read 10,389 times
I moved to Kansas City, Mo. early last year after living most of my life in Central New York. Missouri is OK, but I REALLY miss Upstate New York. The people are friendlier, and it's a far more beautiful state than any I've seen. I love the proximity to several major cities, Canada, and New England states. Will move back with my wife in a couple of years.

Old 09-03-2008, 10:55 AM

5,728 posts, read 9,103,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e dantes View Post
I moved to Kansas City, Mo. early last year after living most of my life in Central New York. Missouri is OK, but I REALLY miss Upstate New York. The people are friendlier, and it's a far more beautiful state than any I've seen. I love the proximity to several major cities, Canada, and New England states. Will move back with my wife in a couple of years.
I see you've noticed this as well. I am from Connecticut and currently live in KC and the people are not my cup of tea either.

Old 09-03-2008, 12:57 PM

3,441 posts, read 5,009,681 times
Hate living in Texas but liked Ohio, California and NY.

Old 09-03-2008, 01:48 PM

1,261 posts, read 3,899,768 times
I love living in North Carolina. My favorite by far.

Ohio was okay. It was pretty, but way too cold and snowy. And it just didn't feel like home.

I hated living in northern Virginia, Texas and Oklahoma.

Old 09-03-2008, 05:12 PM

19 posts, read 46,165 times
Arrow Going Home SOON!

I have lived in Japan, Florida, Virginia, Hawaii, and was raised in NJ. Spent summers in El Paso, and Tennesee. I have seen Mexico, and for all of the times I have ran from NJ, because it seemed to be the "thing" to do, I cannot wait to get back, and stay there forever.
I have lived in South Texas for the past 6 years, and I am ready to chew off my foot to get out of here.

Old 09-03-2008, 05:23 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,325,151 times
Seems to be a trend regarding TX.

Old 09-03-2008, 07:37 PM

521 posts, read 1,492,821 times
Unhappy: Texas (Houston) and Utah (Salt Lake City)
Happiest: Florida (Miami) and California (Southern Cal).

I was straight miserable in Texas. Very hot and dry. Dull. The people were nice, albeit, many of them were "toolboxes" and there was a strong undeserved sense of superiority over the other states, especially California.
Utah was very depressing and boring. There is absoultely no point in living in Downtown Salt Lake since there is absolutely no downtown feel. The people were fake, and naive.

It was fun living in Miami, maybe too much. Big party, lets get comatose mentality among the young people. Many under 18 who happen to get into clubs conveniently. Very college feel throughout, although a lot of people dont even go to school. Very relaxed atmosphere. But too humid for me.

Southern California is the absolute best. Which is why I chose it over Miami which I could have moved to as well.
San Diego is paradise. Very relaxed lifestyle. Alot of partying, but very classy. Great weather. You're either making bank, or scrounging by here. Transportation system is great and everything is within 15 minutes reach.
Los Angeles requires alot of patience. The things to do are endless. Great weather. Very freeway oriented (if you live here, you navigate by freeways). Traffic sucks. Something for everyone. You're either someone, or no-one in LA. But theres no central nightlife scene, rather alot of spots scattered around. You feel like a small spec in the middle of the universe. So its definitely not for everybody.

Last edited by wesside; 09-03-2008 at 07:43 PM.. Reason: adiet

Old 09-03-2008, 08:43 PM

2,958 posts, read 11,367,691 times
Happiest ever: Mendocino county CA, when it was all still beautiful farmland. I loved it dearly.

Most Miserable: Beijing China. Absolutely hellish. Bless America and the passport which allows me to flee such places.

Old 09-03-2008, 09:03 PM

2,897 posts, read 4,365,672 times
I've been happy everywhere, because I got it like that.

Happiest: Dallas,Texas!

Least happy: Las Vegas (assigned there 18 mos)

Yep, people are so unhappy in Texas our population just keeps growing and growing and growing....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.