U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 06-23-2008, 10:31 PM
 
Location: dfw
314 posts, read 1,280,282 times
Reputation: 104

Advertisements

Which US city most resembles the following city. And sorry, you can't repeat your US City. Once gone, it's gone.

London
Paris
Rome
Sydney
Toronto
Moscow
Hong Kong
Shanghai
Singapore
Sao Paulo
Buenos Aires
Mexico City
Cape Town

London - New York
Paris - Washington DC
Rome - San Francisco
Sydney - Pittsburgh
Toronto - Seattle
Moscow - Chicago
Hong Kong -
Shanghai -
Singapore - Atlanta
Sao Paulo - Honolulu
Buenos Aires -
Mexico City - Los Angeles
Cape Town - San Diego
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-23-2008, 10:57 PM
 
Location: Polish Hill, Pittsburgh, PA
30,184 posts, read 67,327,076 times
Reputation: 15830
I'm confused. By not "repeating," do you mean that each person can only use each U.S. city only once in their own list, or if someone else has already said one particular U.S. city, then a subsequent poster can't also use it?

Last edited by SteelCityRising; 06-23-2008 at 10:57 PM.. Reason: Typo
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2008, 11:06 PM
 
Location: dfw
314 posts, read 1,280,282 times
Reputation: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
I'm confused. By not "repeating," do you mean that each person can only use each U.S. city only once in their own list, or if someone else has already said one particular U.S. city, then a subsequent poster can't also use it?
the former
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2008, 07:41 AM
 
Location: San Francisco
334 posts, read 1,179,690 times
Reputation: 219
This makes no sense.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2008, 10:41 AM
 
Location: yeah
5,716 posts, read 14,568,708 times
Reputation: 2829
London - El Paso
Paris - Portland
Rome - Long Beach
Sydney - Las Vegas
Toronto - Frago
Moscow - Miami
Hong Kong - Cupertino
Shanghai - Fresno
Singapore - Charlotte
Sao Paulo - Phoenix
Buenos Aires - Seattle
Mexico City - Fort Worth
Cape Town - Detroit
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2008, 02:18 PM
 
2,502 posts, read 8,047,857 times
Reputation: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
London - El Paso
Paris - Portland
Rome - Long Beach
Sydney - Las Vegas
Toronto - Frago
Moscow - Miami
Hong Kong - Cupertino
Shanghai - Fresno
Singapore - Charlotte
Sao Paulo - Phoenix
Buenos Aires - Seattle
Mexico City - Fort Worth
Cape Town - Detroit
LOL. I especially liked Toronto = Fargo, and London = El Paso.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2008, 03:05 PM
 
Location: East Tennessee and Atlanta
3,667 posts, read 8,769,891 times
Reputation: 2503
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeevcy View Post
Which US city most resembles the following city. And sorry, you can't repeat your US City. Once gone, it's gone.

London
Paris
Rome
Sydney
Toronto
Moscow
Hong Kong
Shanghai
Singapore
Sao Paulo
Buenos Aires
Mexico City
Cape Town

London - New York
Paris - Washington DC
Rome - San Francisco
Sydney - Pittsburgh
Toronto - Seattle
Moscow - Chicago
Hong Kong -
Shanghai -
Singapore - Atlanta
Sao Paulo - Honolulu
Buenos Aires -
Mexico City - Los Angeles
Cape Town - San Diego
Most world cities have very FEW US comparisons. US cities' downtowns are mostly dead, while world cities thrive with life.
NYC, Chicago, San Franciso are the only US cities that resemble other world cities. Maybe you could add Miami, Boston, Philly, and Washington in the mix. Most other US cities wouldn't make the cut.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top