U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 12:14 AM

1 posts, read 26,608 times

Advertisements

Hello,

My wife and I have had many problems over the past 15 yrs. we've been together. Due to bad decision making we've made huge mistakes that are irrepairable, permanently on our records (credit / background), thus hindering our lives in every aspect, and will be forever unless we can figure out how to change our identity.

IF ANYONE OUT THERE KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT HOW TO CHANGE YOUR IDENTITY, PLEASE, PLEASE HELP TO POINT US IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION ASAP. WE FOUND MANY DIFFERENT SITES ON THIS SUBJECT, BUT THEY ALL WANT $$$ AND WE DON'T WANT TO GET RIPPED OFF. WE ARE DESPERATE FOR ANY INFO.

MUCH APPRECIATED,

ANDREW

Old 06-24-2008, 06:12 AM

314 posts, read 1,280,092 times
is it legal to change your identity?

Old 06-24-2008, 06:31 AM

6,837 posts, read 11,106,559 times
You cannot change your names legally with fraudulent intent, which would be the case in your situation since you would be trying to hide financial and/or legal matters.

Bankrupt status lasts only 7 years- I believe- and felony convictions have to be disclosed to employers, etc. The upstanding thing to do would be to be honest and forthright about your problems and continue to work to correct them. I know it's easy for me to say- but if you've been doing the wrong thing for so long- why not try the right path for a change?

Your conscience would be clear and you could sleep well at night if you're honest. If you're pretending to be some one you're not, you risk ultimate humiliation and arrest for fraud.

Old 06-24-2008, 07:52 AM

2,177 posts, read 3,174,455 times
You can't run from your past or hide from it. Just like Hollytree suggested, you want to start over, then start over by doing what's right. The people that really matter will see the change.

Old 06-24-2008, 07:57 AM
j33

4,625 posts, read 12,863,321 times
What you want to do is illegal. My suggestion is to get a lawyer and discuss bankruptcy if you are truly in dire straits, yes, it will continue to make your life difficult for awhile, but at least you won't end up in jail. When it comes to your credit, if you take the right steps, you are not doomed to an eternity of bad credit, it may never be perfect, but if you are diligent and pay your bills and debts consistently over time, even after a bankruptcy, it will continue to improve after the period of time a bankruptcy really messed up credit..

If you are having difficultly due to legal matters (e.g. a prior felony), then I don't really know how much relief you are going to get from that immediately, but eventually when it comes to some employment, that will not be an issue, but again, all this takes time.

Old 06-24-2008, 08:03 AM

11,290 posts, read 7,874,230 times
Many illegal residents seem to know the way. I believe that if you go to flea markets where many mexicans hang out,you can find somebody that can assist you.
Funny thing is that you as an american citizen will get in trouble if you get cought, but the illegal will most likely be let loose.

Old 06-24-2008, 08:11 AM

148 posts, read 579,613 times
Default Google it

I see that there are tons of Internet articles on how to change your identity. I saw lots of books on the topic at Borders also. Check them out and report back what you found.

Old 06-24-2008, 01:52 PM

2,177 posts, read 3,174,455 times
I would also suggest you start saving for your bail when you get caught.

Old 06-24-2008, 02:04 PM

1,350 posts, read 3,619,286 times
It looks like you are still in the same groove. Trying to fix mistakes by making the same mistakes. You don't really say why or how a new identity will help you. Will it help you rip off other people with fraudelent background checks and credit history? Why don't you ask how to make restitution for what you did to get in this mess? That would be refreshing.

Old 06-24-2008, 08:27 PM

2,015 posts, read 5,004,008 times
All I can say is becareful, see if you change your identity, who knows what if your new name comes up on the FBIs most wanted. You should not hide from your mistakes but learn from it and move on. If you have bad credit learn to rebuild it, it's a simple process, it just takes time. And if you have criminal records just be honest about it and move on, do some charity work or something, humans make mistakes, that what makes us all human.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or