U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
Old 06-25-2008, 05:28 PM
Location: Chicago
3,340 posts, read 8,705,067 times
Reputation: 1215


Nope, they are actually rather expensive.

So you don't like heat? Than I'd suggest Sioux Falls, it has a very good economy and is growing fast but I don't think it gets to hot. I don't know about their universities or colleges though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2011, 05:03 PM
1 posts, read 402 times
Reputation: 10
When u come here the first thing that u need to do is to apply in a fast food chain, they always hire and u don't need a lot of education, and while u process you documentation u don"t need to be legal resident to work there, and then go to a community college and get an appointment with a counselor and they will let u know what to do to become an student. If u have more questions u can contact me via messenger [email]dalila003@hotmail.com[/email]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2011, 02:47 AM
32,071 posts, read 32,974,848 times
Reputation: 14950
As mentioned already you need to get a work permit/visa before coming here. Perhaps you could get a visa for a summer job in the USA (as I know people from Eastern Europe have done that in the past) to see if you like it here before trying to move to the USA permanently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2011, 03:47 AM
Location: the dairyland
1,195 posts, read 1,925,878 times
Reputation: 1570
People, this thread is 3 years old,do you really think the op is going to read your responses?
Anyway: Without a visa you can't move to the US and as a high school graduate the only ways to get a (temporary, not permanent!) visa is doing an au pair year or going to school in the States. Unless your parents are American or you're married to one, that is..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top