U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Los Angeles: traffic, real estate, mortgage, metropolitan city, earthquake survival.

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 12:31 PM

55 posts, read 64,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
Actually, ESPN executives are splitting it to a bicoastal thing... Keeping its Bristol, CT roots and base (headquarters) while making an extension to LA (no headquarters). I listen to it all day, buddy. I know sports like you wouldn't believe and the fact that my friend's friend works for ESPN will also get me some more information.
but did it say that they were going to completely move to L.A. live are are they just making a second branch off their company.

heres so more information of the issue

L.A. Live - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ESPN, Regal to set up shop at L.A. Live | North America > United States from AllBusiness.com (http://www.allbusiness.com/services/amusement-recreation-services/4567685-1.html - broken link)

VERTICAL ACCESS, INC. - JOB GALLERY

pictures

http://www.nokiatheatrela.com/images/gallery_01.jpg

http://verticalaccessinc.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/LA_Live.3390132_std.JPG (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 12:35 PM

55 posts, read 64,208 times
other L.A. live links

L.a. Live! - HAIF® - Houston's largest internet community

offical site
L.A. LIVE

Old 07-24-2008, 12:40 PM

2,775 posts, read 10,720,514 times
Like I said, it's a second branch. Headquarters will still be in Connecticut. There will be shows in LA (Jim Rome is Burning, yadda yadda), but that's always been in LA. And I love Jim Rome, I don't care if he's in LA.

When I watch or listen to sports, I totally go into this zone of extreme fanhood. Sports fans don't care about what city Jim Rome is in. Jim Rome hasn't made biased comments at all. He has even boosted the Yankees own Derek Jeter when his fellow MLB ballplayers voted him as most overrated player in baseball. Jim Rome was like "Yeah, most overrated player... More like the player you most want to be."

First off, when you almost win a batting title numerous times (in 1999 he hit .349), you're not overrated. Look at half the guys who come to the Yankees with a big ego on their shoulders who think they're hot ****... What do they do when they put the pinstripes on? They choke. Jeter is a World Series MVP, All Star Game MVP, has three Gold Glove awards, four World Series rings, and he's the Yankee Captain. Steinbrenner's not paying him $19 million a year to be overrated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.