U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-27-2009, 11:27 PM
 
Location: los angeles
5,031 posts, read 11,306,778 times
Reputation: 1490

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
No trees in New York??? Getouttahere!


























Huge pano: http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/803339.jpg
Great photos I only wish there were more NYC neighborhoods that had so many trees. I lived in Brooklyn for a few years & really missed hardly seeing any trees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-28-2009, 12:18 AM
 
Location: Phoenix
5,643 posts, read 7,445,655 times
Reputation: 4316
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
this is just disgusting


Phoenix,Az
Spare me. I can't tell you how tired I am of some of you Albuquerque posters who act is though your Albuquerque doesn't stink.

Albuquerque density w/ beautiful trees:



Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2009, 06:41 AM
 
Location: Boston, MA
11,725 posts, read 8,298,849 times
Reputation: 5786
Quote:
Originally Posted by total_genius View Post
What City (or Metro Area) has the least amount of trees?
Do you mean the fewest trees?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2009, 02:21 PM
 
Location: New Mexico to Texas
4,552 posts, read 13,453,515 times
Reputation: 2125
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Spare me. I can't tell you how tired I am of some of you Albuquerque posters who act is though your Albuquerque doesn't stink.

Albuquerque density w/ beautiful trees:



Im not a density freak,I like wide open spaces, so thats better.
Im sorry if you get butt hurt but Phoenix is just one hell of an ugly city and you posted pics of new development neighborhoods.

Here's some pics of Albuquerque










Last edited by desert sun; 04-28-2009 at 02:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2009, 03:01 PM
 
1,107 posts, read 2,685,115 times
Reputation: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Great photos I only wish there were more NYC neighborhoods that had so many trees. I lived in Brooklyn for a few years & really missed hardly seeing any trees.
We just planted 2 million trees in city streets and parks.
MillionTreesNYC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2009, 03:14 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
5,643 posts, read 7,445,655 times
Reputation: 4316
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
Im not a density freak,I like wide open spaces, so thats better.
Im sorry if you get butt hurt but Phoenix is just one hell of an ugly city and you posted pics of new development neighborhoods.

Here's some pics of Albuquerque
No worries. My feelings AREN'T hurt, but you sure sound like a few other vicious Albuquerque posters coming out of the woodwork who are on the verge of becoming some of the most disliked posters (as well as ignorant and hypocritical) in this forum. BTW, that is NOT what all of Albuquerque looks like whether new or old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2009, 03:44 PM
 
1,107 posts, read 2,685,115 times
Reputation: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityGuy View Post
We just planted 2 million trees in city streets and parks.
MillionTreesNYC


Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2009, 06:13 PM
 
Location: Washington D.C. By way of Texas
18,636 posts, read 27,047,623 times
Reputation: 9577
God I love NYC. Great pictures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2009, 02:30 PM
 
Location: Fort Collins, USA
1,473 posts, read 2,368,271 times
Reputation: 1806
Bombay Beach California has the MOST trees per square mile (Google it). I actually think that large eastern shade trees are overrated (maybe if they weren't completely bare for 4 to 5 months...).

Last edited by xeric; 04-29-2009 at 02:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2009, 03:42 PM
 
1,107 posts, read 2,685,115 times
Reputation: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeric View Post
Bombay Beach California has the MOST trees per square mile (Google it). I actually think that large eastern shade trees are overrated (maybe if they weren't completely bare for 4 to 5 months...).
Wow this statement is so funny. Thinking that a tree is overrated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top