U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 08:55 AM

5,728 posts, read 9,096,163 times

Advertisements

Nothing wrong with a little healthy debate now and again especially if it is done in a civil manner. I've finished my piece on the subject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2008, 03:34 PM

5,429 posts, read 13,181,597 times
Definitely can't forget about Houston

Houston, we have no problems. - By Daniel Gross - Slate Magazine

No. 1: Houston, Texas - Kiplinger.com

Old 06-28-2008, 10:06 AM

2,927 posts, read 7,578,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision-Quest View Post
lets have a discussion about some of these cities economys.

San Fransisco
Portland
Seattle
Denver
Wichita
Kansas City
Colorado Springs
Minneapolis/ St. Paul
Orlando
Indianapolis
Columbus, Ohio
Charlotte
Raleigh
Lexington, Kentucky
Washington
Rochester New York
Rochester Minnesota..??

if youve noticed Omaha is NOT on the list. thats because we have heard enough about it and its time to mention some of these other great cities. if you want to add to list, go right ahead, but DO NOT mention OMAHA. we have enough information on that.
Lexington's economy is good. Lexmark is one of the big employers here. The Southeast part of town known as Hamburg is booming and has been for about 8 years. A 36 story building known as Centre Pointe is planned to be built downtown. Also the World Equestrian Games will be played at the Kentucky Horse Park in 2010.

Old 06-28-2008, 10:10 AM

5,716 posts, read 14,578,414 times
I'm telling you now, this "Silicon Valley" thing will catch on someday...

Old 07-23-2008, 09:11 AM

39 posts, read 108,096 times
Quote:

San Fransisco
Portland
Seattle
Denver
Wichita
Kansas City
Colorado Springs
Minneapolis/ St. Paul
Orlando
Indianapolis
Columbus, Ohio
Charlotte
Raleigh
Lexington, Kentucky
Washington
Rochester New York
Rochester Minnesota..??

if youve noticed Omaha is NOT on the list. thats because we have heard enough about it and its time to mention some of these other great cities. if you want to add to list, go right ahead, but DO NOT mention OMAHA. we have enough information on that.
You should add Omaha to that list. For those that don't know, it's the corner of Nebraska with people. Its economy is very strong.

I just joined this forum and find hysterical (if not a bit embarrassing) all of the Omaha promotion Iíve read thus far. Fellow Omahans: No one outside of Omaha cares! LOL I love my city as much as the next guy, but jeesh. Show some self-moderation.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:16 AM

30,230 posts, read 67,379,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looftie View Post
You should add Omaha to that list. For those that don't know, it's the corner of Nebraska with people. Its economy is very strong.

I just joined this forum and find hysterical (if not a bit embarrassing) all of the Omaha promotion Iíve read thus far. Fellow Omahans: No one outside of Omaha cares! LOL I love my city as much as the next guy, but jeesh. Show some self-moderation.
Omaha---the city that stole this forum's thunder away from Scranton! (Grumble, grumble!)

Old 07-23-2008, 09:32 AM

28,905 posts, read 46,762,541 times
Quote:

San Fransisco
Portland
Seattle
Denver
Wichita
Kansas City
Colorado Springs
Minneapolis/ St. Paul
Orlando
Indianapolis
Columbus, Ohio
Charlotte
Raleigh
Lexington, Kentucky
Washington
Rochester New York
Rochester Minnesota..??

I would add Birmingham to the list. Unemployment at 4%, the highest growth in household incomes over the past 30 years, and the country's sixth-best hiring outlook for 3Q according to the latest Manpower survey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or