U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 01:17 PM

1,015 posts, read 1,946,078 times

Advertisements

I'm going to Savannah next week! It'll be hot, but it's so quaint and charming. I have a hotel right on along the river, everything is within walking distance and we can watch the fireworks right from our hotel balcony. Can't wait!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2008, 01:41 PM

9,034 posts, read 16,466,881 times
we had a similar decision last year - we were either going to nashville or san antonio - decided to make it a week in TN and do 3 days in memphis & 4 in nashville

i still want to get to SA, but nashville was a blast - good mix of activity, drove and checked out a distillery and a civil war battle site - some of the old southern homes - some really nice gardens & parks as well - wide variety of bars & good food - was just a great trip

Old 06-26-2008, 04:05 PM

2,735 posts, read 5,963,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
If you like the historical and very southern vibe of Savannah, what about including it in a tour of the following:
Charleston
Beaufort
Savannah
St Augustine
They're all within a very manageable distance from one another, and right off I-95.
This definately gets my vote! Love all those places!

Old 06-26-2008, 08:20 PM

41 posts, read 66,398 times
If you want the big city type of feel vacation, go to Houston or Dallas. You can find big shopping, nice museums, and a beach that isn't far

Austin is great for outdoors type of stuff like biking, fishing, etc

San Antonio is great for the river walk, very romantic

Old 06-26-2008, 08:31 PM

83 posts, read 375,879 times
Thanks for all of your replies! We definitely would love to go to some country bars and hear some live music, have some great food, find some nice places to walk and maybe see some historical things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.