U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 12:02 PM

4,180 posts, read 13,049,526 times

Advertisements

Well, I am from Baltimore which I truely love but the rules say no to where you are from so I will go with:
Large City: Boston-great transit, very walkable, great architecture, loved taking the train to Revere Beach to go swimming.
Medium City: I would go with Madison, Wisconsin. Again, nice lakes, fairly decent transit for it's size. Clean.
Small City: Traverse City, Michigan-close to the water, clean. Lots of outdoor stuff to do.
(I am focused on water today because it is so freakin hot here.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2008, 12:36 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,921,893 times
I have several cities to mark down in no order at all.
1. Louisville, KY. I feel some sort of connection to the town because I have spent some summers there when I was younger (some family moved there from Cincy).
2. Orlando,FL. During my school breaks I would spend time down there visiting family and living how the locals live. Oh yeah, you got to love a place where you don't need to think about the winter, just pack a hoody for the night.
3. Brooklyn, NY. When my family and I went to visit friend up there I was left with a very good impression of the borough. I didn't expect it but coming out of a mall there some locals started engaging in small talk with us. I like all that I have listed.

Old 06-27-2008, 05:23 PM

343 posts, read 846,241 times
Portland, OR
Berkeley, CA
San, Diego, CA
Santa Barbara, CA
Boulder, CO
Santa Fe, NM

Old 06-27-2008, 06:02 PM

6,967 posts, read 18,208,147 times
Miami = love the weather and the latin spice. its like the entire caribbean converged in one city.
LA = go cross country quit a bit to see family in orange county and we always end up going out in LA. cool city, but you guys need to smoke more
SF = haight street, music, architecture, wine country
Burlington/Brattleboro = coolest cities in america (well haven't seen seattle/both portlands/austin) and in a beautiful backdrop

based on where i've been. Chicago may have been on the list too but all i saw was O'Hare. decent airport & NO

Old 06-27-2008, 06:04 PM

114 posts, read 507,050 times
I'd vote for St. Louis because of great weather, lower taxes and a really nice city all together!

Old 06-27-2008, 06:06 PM

114 posts, read 507,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoFan View Post
I have several cities to mark down in no order at all.
1. Louisville, KY. I feel some sort of connection to the town because I have spent some summers there when I was younger (some family moved there from Cincy).
2. Orlando,FL. During my school breaks I would spend time down there visiting family and living how the locals live. Oh yeah, you got to love a place where you don't need to think about the winter, just pack a hoody for the night.
3. Brooklyn, NY. When my family and I went to visit friend up there I was left with a very good impression of the borough. I didn't expect it but coming out of a mall there some locals started engaging in small talk with us. I like all that I have listed.

Brooklyn is just a burrow of New York. Like Chelsea or Greenwhich Village. So you the only way you'd like Brooklyn is if you Liked the ENTIRE NYC!

Old 06-27-2008, 06:13 PM

6,967 posts, read 18,208,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by niac12345 View Post
Brooklyn is just a burrow of New York. Like Chelsea or Greenwhich Village. So you the only way you'd like Brooklyn is if you Liked the ENTIRE NYC!
well chelsea & the w village are a part of manhattan. manhattan isn't brooklyn. nothing against bk...

yes its all new york, but bk/queens have highrise apts and warehouses, stripmalls, etc.....doesn't look like manhattan...but it probably will in 20 yrs
staten island could be in new jersey...

Old 06-27-2008, 08:40 PM

11,877 posts, read 32,908,658 times
Quote:
I don't know if you did this intentionally or not, but calling Brooklyn a "burrow of New York" is either really funny or really insulting.

burrow: a hole or tunnel in the ground made by a rabbit, fox, or similar animal for habitation and refuge.

borough: one of the five administrative divisions of New York City.

Old 06-27-2008, 08:45 PM

203 posts, read 616,044 times
yea i hate when people not from Manhattan pretend like the other boroughs are like it. they try to claim the "whole" nyc like the one you see on tv , such as time square, when in fact they arent as happening/fun as THE CITY

Old 06-27-2008, 11:04 PM

343 posts, read 846,241 times
Quote:
I'd vote for St. Louis because of great weather, lower taxes and a really nice city all together!
St Louis has great weather? Really?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.