U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-28-2008, 03:29 PM
 
3,219 posts, read 8,005,645 times
Reputation: 1411
Atlanta> most unique skyline
New Orleans-best food and drink in the country
Memphis-Best Blues
Charlotte-Best BBQ
Miami-Best looking bodies
Houston- The most diverse city in the south with the best skyline
Dallas-JR is Back
San Antonio-The nexrt great city in America
Baton Rouge-an up & coming city
Austin-The most health conscious and overrated city
Nashville=Best country music
Jackson-Best Catfish
Birmingham-best soul food and most underrated city
Mobile-Fun people
Augusta-best golfers
Savannah- Most romantic
Shreveport-lose all your money there at the casinos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-03-2009, 10:47 PM
 
4,677 posts, read 8,050,455 times
Reputation: 1236
I like the best BBQ for Charlotte. You should also add the next great city in America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2009, 02:59 AM
 
3,644 posts, read 9,002,580 times
Reputation: 1798
Memphis has the best blues & bbq
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2009, 04:30 AM
 
11,881 posts, read 32,916,645 times
Reputation: 8626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
Memphis has the best blues & bbq
YES!!! The Food Network took a bunch of Texas cowpokes and gave them a blind taste test to see who has the best BBQ in the country: Texas, Memphis, Carolina, or Kansas City. Memphis came in first, hands down, and Carolina BBQ came in last.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2009, 07:27 AM
 
Location: Triangle, North Carolina
2,819 posts, read 9,376,347 times
Reputation: 1504
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
YES!!! The Food Network took a bunch of Texas cowpokes and gave them a blind taste test to see who has the best BBQ in the country: Texas, Memphis, Carolina, or Kansas City. Memphis came in first, hands down, and Carolina BBQ came in last.
I would go with that too!
NC Bar-b-Que If you like runny pulled pork smothered in vinegar and mustard. Sorry, that ain't Que, that's crap!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2009, 07:41 AM
 
Location: Orange, California
1,573 posts, read 5,651,281 times
Reputation: 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
I would go with that too!
NC Bar-b-Que If you like runny pulled pork smothered in vinegar and mustard. Sorry, that ain't Que, that's crap!
Agreed. Mustard is for hot dogs, not BBQ. I'll take a smoky memphis sauce over it any day of the week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2009, 08:29 AM
 
10,167 posts, read 17,115,139 times
Reputation: 5742
Default BBQ video song

Concerning the BBQ issue, here is a cute song and video on the topic:


YouTube - The BBQ Song
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2009, 09:38 AM
 
1,763 posts, read 5,381,461 times
Reputation: 798
Quote:
Originally Posted by adavi215 View Post
I like the best BBQ for Charlotte. You should also add the next great city in America.
Hmmmm, I think Raleigh'ans and many residents of eastern NC would take exception to that, if we're talking NC-style barbeque...

As far as the 2nd part, Charlotte may have a lot going for it, but the "next great city" is probably a stretch. IMHO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2009, 09:44 AM
 
Location: St Simons Island, GA
23,085 posts, read 35,035,900 times
Reputation: 15256
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaterry78259 View Post
Atlanta> most unique skyline
New Orleans-best food and drink in the country
Memphis-Best Blues
Charlotte-Best BBQ
Miami-Best looking bodies
Houston- The most diverse city in the south with the best skyline
Dallas-JR is Back
San Antonio-The nexrt great city in America
Baton Rouge-an up & coming city
Austin-The most health conscious and overrated city
Nashville=Best country music
Jackson-Best Catfish
Birmingham-best soul food and most underrated city
Mobile-Fun people
Augusta-best golfers
Savannah- Most romantic
Shreveport-lose all your money there at the casinos
You are right about B'ham being most underrated...I have long thought so. This city has far more to offer than most people know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2009, 10:17 AM
 
Location: Earth at the moment
321 posts, read 1,019,615 times
Reputation: 128
Austin - The nightlife capitol! I read somewhere that Austin has the best nightlife in the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top