U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 10:24 AM

8,345 posts, read 14,117,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownwarrior View Post
indianapolis is perhaps the most overrated self-hyped fake-urban city of the COUNTRY. "downtown is so great" - there's like 4 buildings. the pictures you posted "how can you not be proud of that?".... proud of WHAT? flat nothingness. people that love indy have never lived in a REAL city. i'm sorry.

there's no density. no urbanity. no architecture. no diversity. no FUN/diverse night life. no history. no culture (apart from racing and white people basketball and cornfields). no food (oh what about st. elm's steakhouse??? - pathetic.).

its the "been there done that" of cities. besides indy 500, there's no reason why i would ever make a trip there. crossroads of highways..."OHHH I WANT TO SEE THAT!!!"

it's great for its size (oh and the 700,000 people is load of garbage...a ploy by annexing the whole marion county which is Mostly made of cornfields and suburban houses which in no way constitutes as a city). but come on people of indy, stop making seem like some urban cultural metropolis destination. ITS NOT. detroit, cincy, stl, minneapolis, kc, columbus, even cleveland blow indy to the dust.

Only people from Indy have their own self-prescribed indy fetish, who excite themselves by calling themselves "diverse" when a chop suey restaurant opens up. indiana and indy will continue to be known as the armpit of america, sticking to their cornfields and white people basketball, and will always be mentally stuck in 1950.

there, i said it.
Good to have you back. I missed your rants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2008, 10:26 AM

20,005 posts, read 69,455,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision-Quest View Post
you have hidden behind the cabnit?
"Cabnit"? Is that Hoosier-speak?

Old 06-30-2008, 10:28 AM

11,179 posts, read 22,400,541 times
I had a fine time in Indy when I've visited, but I didn't really walk away thinking it was the BEST city in the midwest. It's just a clean, nice, run of the mill city.

Nothing wrong with that.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:44 AM

26 posts, read 156,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownwarrior View Post
indianapolis is perhaps the most overrated self-hyped fake-urban city of the COUNTRY. "downtown is so great" - there's like 4 buildings. the pictures you posted "how can you not be proud of that?".... proud of WHAT? flat nothingness. people that love indy have never lived in a REAL city. i'm sorry.

there's no density. no urbanity. no architecture. no diversity. no FUN/diverse night life. no history. no culture (apart from racing and white people basketball and cornfields). no food (oh what about st. elm's steakhouse??? - pathetic.).

its the "been there done that" of cities. besides indy 500, there's no reason why i would ever make a trip there. crossroads of highways..."OHHH I WANT TO SEE THAT!!!"

it's great for its size (oh and the 700,000 people is load of garbage...a ploy by annexing the whole marion county which is Mostly made of cornfields and suburban houses which in no way constitutes as a city). but come on people of indy, stop making seem like some urban cultural metropolis destination. ITS NOT. detroit, cincy, stl, minneapolis, kc, columbus, even cleveland blow indy to the dust.

Only people from Indy have their own self-prescribed indy fetish, who excite themselves by calling themselves "diverse" when a chop suey restaurant opens up. indiana and indy will continue to be known as the armpit of america, sticking to their cornfields and white people basketball, and will always be mentally stuck in 1950.

there, i said it.

You know chitownwarrior you need to shut the f*** up. I've had to get on your case in another thread. Aint none of them cities you talking about better than indianapolis. Talking about we a load of garbage. Chicago aint s***! We do live in a real city. Dont hate on us! Thank you Vision-Quest. You were right about what you said. Illinois has cornfields too.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:47 AM

8,345 posts, read 14,117,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom13 View Post
You know chitownwarrior you need to shut the f*** up. I've had to get on your case in another thread. Aint none of them cities you talking about better than indianapolis. Talking about we a load of garbage. Chicago aint s***! We do live in a real city. Dont hate on us!

Relax man, he means no harm.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:48 AM

Quote:
You know chitownwarrior you need to shut the f*** up. I've had to get on your case in another thread. Aint none of them cities you talking about better than indianapolis. Talking about we a load of garbage. Chicago aint s***! We do live in a real city. Dont hate on us!
Everyone needs to calm down, seriously. And learn proper grammar, too.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:56 AM

26 posts, read 156,932 times
Quote:
You know chitownwarrior you need to shut the f*** up. I've had to get on your case in another thread. Aint none of them cities you talking about better than indianapolis. Talking about we a load of garbage. Chicago aint s***! We do live in a real city. Dont hate on us! Thank you Vision-Quest. You were right about what you said. Illinois has cornfields too.
I'm not apoligizing to chitownwarrior but I am sorry about that everyone else. I let him get to me. I started the thread so I knew I would get someone like him. But the way he was talking ticked me off. Steve-o I do know proper grammar but he made me get ghetto on him.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:57 AM

Quote:
I'm not apoligizing to chitownwarrior but I am sorry about that everyone else. I let him get to me. I started the thread so I knew I would get someone like him. But the way he was talking ticked me off. Steve-o I do know proper grammar but he made me get ghetto on him.
haha

That explains it!

haha

Anyways, Indy isnt that bad at all. Its nothing like Chicago, to which many are grateful in some ways.

Old 06-30-2008, 12:02 PM

909 posts, read 2,706,409 times
in my thoughts, there is no best city, or worst city, i just dont like it when i see a bunch of balohny about any city

Old 06-30-2008, 12:06 PM

909 posts, read 2,706,409 times
Quote:

ya that definantly came out of nowhere... HA!!

note to you rookie, that really didnt help you out by trying to prove its the best city, i changed my mind!! Chitown, keep it up!!!

Last edited by Vision-Quest; 06-30-2008 at 12:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or