U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 10:02 AM

395 posts, read 1,221,818 times

Advertisements

HELLO all! DC Finest and Steve-o...it's been a while since I've been back...and guess what thread pops up .

Wow, dom, you really need to understand that
1.) through your hick english, you make indy look worse
2.) through your low self esteem, you make indy look worse.

I'm glad this Indy discussion has made it to the general forums to educate people non-midwestern or unfamiliar with midwestern cities to clarify the truth of Indiana and IndiaNAPolis.

It's the epitome of discussions what constitutes urbanity and city-life. Indianapolis is a Schaumburg 2...with some tall buildings people constitute as a downtown. Because of Chase tower, everyone in indy gets a hard-on, and claim its now a "world class city". I shouldn't say its the armit of america, but it truly is Where Boring Comes to Life. (i like that slogan...i should trade mark it).

I have never lived in an area so fake and boring, where people were namely all the same, of cloudy and dreary skies, with chain restaurants galor, and feeling that the rest of world is progressing except this god-forsaken state than indy.

As always, i'll admit its "not that bad"...which means "ok". There's NO personality to it. NONE. its like the quiet no-namer that sits in the back of the classroom who you'd think...i'll get to know him to see if there's something there...then you do, and then you'd find there IS NOTHING THERE.

To indy residents: STOP ACTING LIKE YOU"RE BIG CITY CATS. YOURE CITY IS LAME.....errr.... "ok"

DEFInately not "2nd best"...haha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 10:12 AM

909 posts, read 2,705,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownwarrior View Post
HELLO all! DC Finest and Steve-o...it's been a while since I've been back...and guess what thread pops up .

I'm glad this Indy discussion has made it to the general forums to educate people non-midwestern or unfamiliar with midwestern cities to clarify the truth of Indiana and IndiaNAPolis.

It's the epitome of discussions what constitutes urbanity and city-life. Indianapolis is a Schaumburg 2...with some tall buildings people constitute as a downtown. Because of Chase tower, everyone in indy gets a hard-on, and claim its now a "world class city". I shouldn't say its the armit of america, but it truly is Where Boring Comes to Life. (i like that slogan...i should trade mark it).

I have never lived in an area so fake and boring, where people were namely all the same, of cloudy and dreary skies, with chain restaurants galor, and feeling that the rest of world is progressing except this god-forsaken state than indy.

As always, i'll admit its "not that bad"...which means "ok". There's NO personality to it. NONE. its like the quiet no-namer that sits in the back of the classroom who you'd think...i'll get to know him to see if there's something there...then you do, and then you'd find there IS NOTHING THERE.

To indy residents: STOP ACTING LIKE YOU"RE BIG CITY CATS. YOURE CITY IS LAME.....errr.... "ok"

a little better of description, but im still on your side because you have good gramer!! HA!

Old 07-01-2008, 11:08 AM

1,119 posts, read 2,462,855 times
..Can you stop bashing Indy? People did not attack your city first, right?

I like this answer below from Chicago60614. That's also my impression of Indy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
I had a fine time in Indy when I've visited, but I didn't really walk away thinking it was the BEST city in the midwest. It's just a clean, nice, run of the mill city.

Nothing wrong with that.

Quote:

Old 07-01-2008, 11:10 AM

3,340 posts, read 8,705,067 times
look what is happening to Omaha

Old 07-01-2008, 11:19 AM

8,340 posts, read 14,099,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by downtown1 View Post
..Can you stop bashing Indy? People did not attack your city first, right?

I like this answer below from Chicago60614. That's also my impression of Indy.

He won't. No one liked him here so he had to leave. As you can tell, he is still bitter.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:21 AM

8,340 posts, read 14,099,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ne View Post
look what is happening to Omaha
The difference is I, and most people from Indy, don't get all worked up when some a**hole from Chcago rips Indy to shreds. Someone so much as hints at the thought of not liking Omaha, and you throw a fit. Please, don't hijack yet another thread.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:59 AM

26 posts, read 156,850 times
Quote:

Hick language! That's not hick language, its slang. I've been to Chicago and have met more hicks there than I have in Indianapolis. It may be hard to believe but its true. I'm sure you've heard people talk like that in Chicago and other cities. I know you talk like that also. What does that say about Chicago? For the record, learn how to spell armpit before you talk about hick language!

Old 07-02-2008, 12:03 PM

41 posts, read 108,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom13 View Post
Hick language! That's not hick language, its slang. I've been to Chicago and have met more hicks there than I have in Indianapolis. It may be hard to believe but its true. I'm sure you've heard people talk like that in Chicago and other cities. I know you talk like that also. What does that say about Chicago? For the record, learn how to spell armpit before you talk about hick language!
hick language is found everywhere dom, its alright

vision-quest

Old 07-04-2008, 03:21 PM

41 posts, read 108,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler87 View Post
You better stop with the agruements in this thread. Just because some people have a problem with Indy, you have something to say right back to them. This site is for OPINIONS. Seems like you have been doing enough bragging for Indy.

I said good things about Indianapolis too. I did not once brag about Cleveland. To tell you the truth though, I too like many others in this thread would rather live in Detroit or St. Louis because they offer so much more than Indy. Indy has way too much sprawl, and not much diversity. Just my opinion though.

oh ya, just because some people might have a problem with cleveland, you have to something to say right back to them, this site is for OPINIONS. Seems like you have been doing enough bragging for Cleveland. (which i did not deserve an infraction for that)

just had to point that out.. im done now so long traveler

vision-quest
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or